- If you can't boot from the CD-ROM, download this DSK file and write it to a floppy.
1. Linux (as root)
dd if=boot.dsk of=/dev/fd0
2. Windows (download)
RAWRITE boot.dsk A:
Boot from floppy, start the installer and follow the messages.
Run the following or similar command on the peer side to start the transmission:
./delibase-send.sh /dev/ttyS0 115200
You can replace the ttyS0 device with the right one. The same applies to the 115200 baudrate (but the chosen speed needs to match the receiver speed)
Example for USB to serial converters:
./delibase-send.sh /dev/ttyUSB0 115200
Qemu and VirtualBox
Installation video is here: http://delicate.tavvva.net/video/0.1/DeLi(cate)_0.1alpha2-Install.mp4
Download the latest ISO from here.
- Insert CD in the drive
- At the boot prompt hit ENTER
- If you have a brand-new hard disk or you wish to re-partition your drive type cfdisk
- cfdisk is an easy menu-driven partition program create new partitions with New
- Create two primary partitions, a big one for the the file system and a small one for the swap partition
- The size for swap depends on your amount of RAM. I suggest at least 64 MB
- select the swap partition an select Type, then enter 82 (should be the default)
- After you created the partitions select Write and Quit.
- Type setup or deliinstall
- Select the appropriate keyboard for you, scroll down to the end end select OK
- Select a partition to use for your root partition and select OK
- Confirm that the partition can be formatted. All data on the partition will be lost.
- Select if you want to automatically scan for the CD-ROM or to enter the device manually
- deliinstall will now scan for the CD-ROM Make sure the CD-ROM is in the drive (it should be, unless you immediately removed it after you booted) and hit ENTER
- The ccore packages will be installed now. You can watch the process by pressing ALT+F4. Press ALT-F1 to switch back. Setup will not switch back automatically when this phase is complete...Alt+F1 must be used.
- If you installed on a SCSI drive select Yes
- Confirm the swap partition
- If you, perhaps because of low RAM, already activated the swap partition by hand you should select No, otherwise Yes
- Select your language, scroll down and select OK
- deliinstall is now making device nodes (entrys in the /dev directory)
- You will now be asked for a password for root, the system administrator. Choose a password. Enter it again.
- After this you can add an unpriviledged user for daily work
- Enter the name of the user and type in the passsword twice
- For LILO installation select the simple method
- Just enter nothing when asked for kernel parameters
- It's recommended to install to the MBR
- After the packages are installed, remove the CD and press CRTL+ALT+DEL to boot into your new DeLi(cate) Linux system
- Log in as root with the password you chose before. Now you can run delisetup to configure your system.
Upgrade from DeLi
To upgrade from DeLi 0.8 to DeLi(cate) proceed with the following steps ...
1.] Check if the network is configured and Deli(cate) server reachable:
ping -c4 delicate-linux.net
2.] Become root:
3.] Check if /etc/pacman.conf contains the following repository and if it is the only repository enabled (not commented out)
Server = http://deli.tavvva.net/0.8.0/pkg
4.] Install the delicate-upgrade package:
pacman -Sy delicate-upgrade
5.] Call the upgrade script:
6.] Update all packages:
pacman -Syuf --noconfirm
7.] Repeat step 6 (pacman upgrade interrupts the upgrade):
pacman -Syuf --noconfirm