Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PKGBUILD files
05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: PKGBUILD files
(08-21-2012 12:08 AM)tavvva Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 07:11 AM)cb88 Wrote:  Mrxvt is much more effcient than xterm. especially with some of the bells and whistles turned off. Even with a minimal confic it is FAR better than xterm.

It doesn't seem to support UTF-8 well :] I'll try to play with that more ...

I personally like rxvt-unicode aka urxvt ( http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/rxvt-unicode.html ). It has UTF-8 support and some transparency support. If it's built to use Perl, you can extend it with scripts such as ones to more easily copy items to/from cut buffers. I use it in conjunction with autocutsel which syncs cut buffers with clipboard. Makes it easier to copy items between the terminal and applications. Another thing I like about urxvt is that you can start it as a daemon urxvtd -q -f -o when you start X. Then, any time you want a terminal window, run urxvtc. It can save memory and make startup time for the terminal faster.

The only other terminals I've seen with similar support for saving memory are vte based and they need more resources than urxvt.

I checked a few comparisons of usage statistics for urxvt versus other terminals. It did pretty well, better than xterm in the comparisons I found.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi guys ...

-> v_2e : Thanks for sharing the pkgbuild ... we're still missing ntfs3g, therefore it cannot be introduced yet

-> lmemsm : yeah ... I was thinking of rxvt-unicode ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2014, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 10:23 PM by MSW.)
[split] libedit
Managed to build a recent version of libedit

Code:
# $Id$
# Adopted for Deli(cate) Linux by MSW
# Maintainers below are from ArchLinux
# Maintainer: Gaetan Bisson <bisson@archlinux.org>
# Maintainer: Vesa Kaihlavirta <vesa@archlinux.org>
# Contributor: Roman Cheplyaka <roma@ro-che.info>

pkgname=libedit
pkgver=20140620_3.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc='Command line editor library providing generic line editing, history, and tokenization functions'
url='http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/'
arch=('i386')
license=('BSD')
depends=('ncurses')
makedepends=('ncurses-devel')
source=("http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/libedit-${pkgver/_/-}.tar.gz")
sha1sums=('9c0fc40ac9336af9af0799bcdfd3537a6ad258ff')
md5sums=('28171438127a2d268893f040fd84ae2a')

build() {
    cd "${srcdir}/${pkgname}-${pkgver/_/-}"
    ./configure --prefix=$pkgdir/usr --libexecdir=$pkgdir/usr/lib --enable-widec --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu
    # we need to remove the -pipe option to keep gcc from segfaulting when compiling on a machine with low ram
    make CFLAGS='-march=i386 -O2'

make prefix="${pkgdir}"/usr install

cp "${pkgdir}"/usr/share/man/man3/editline.3 "${pkgdir}"/usr/share/man/man3/el.3
    install -Dm644 COPYING "${pkgdir}"/usr/share/licenses/libedit/LICENSE
}

Please add PKGBUILD.devel, check and move to main repo (after assigning a maintainer Smile)
11-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi MSW.

Sorry for the delay.

(10-20-2014 06:35 PM)MSW Wrote:  Managed to build a recent version of libedit

Code:
# $Id$
# Adopted for Deli(cate) Linux by MSW
# Maintainers below are from ArchLinux
# Maintainer: Gaetan Bisson <bisson@archlinux.org>
# Maintainer: Vesa Kaihlavirta <vesa@archlinux.org>
# Contributor: Roman Cheplyaka <roma@ro-che.info>

Long time ago I tried to standardize the PKGBUILD headers for DeLi(cate) so that the original ArchLinux contributors/maintainers are not considered to be the DeLi(cate) ones. That means we remove the original roles and keep just the contacts in a section called "Thanks to:".
Unfortunately this project is probably not interesting enough for devels due to its nature and target and due to my inability to motivate people. That means I usually put my name in the maintainer's role if it is missing.

The result should look like this:
Code:
# Maintainer: someone <someone@somesite.net>
#
# Thanks to:
# MSW
# Gaetan Bisson <bisson@archlinux.org>
# Vesa Kaihlavirta <vesa@archlinux.org>
# Roman Cheplyaka <roma@ro-che.info>

(10-20-2014 06:35 PM)MSW Wrote:  
Code:
arch=('i386')

We don't use arch. The line is ignored and should be removed.

Code:
sha1sums=('9c0fc40ac9336af9af0799bcdfd3537a6ad258ff')

sha1sums are not supported and should be removed.

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=$pkgdir/usr --libexecdir=$pkgdir/usr/lib --enable-widec --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu

The $pkgdir variable doesn't belong to the prefix as the purpose of the prefix is to tell the script what the target location on the filesystem is and that is always the /usr directory. The libexecdir should only be used in special cases and this is not the right one. The host/build accepts $CHOST correctly and therefore the CHOST variant should be preferred.

The result should look like this:
Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-widec --host=$CHOST --build=$CHOST

Code:
    # we need to remove the -pipe option to keep gcc from segfaulting when compiling on a machine with low ram
    make CFLAGS='-march=i386 -O2'

The packages in the DeLi(cate) repositories are always built on powerful builders and therefore any tweaks for low-spec builders having a performance penalties might be counterproductive. We want -pipe Smile

Code:

The second cd should be removed as we're in that directory already. When you're joining the build() and package() functions, the second cd from the package() function usually duplicates the first cd from the build() function. Only in some cases there's an additional magic with directories somewhere between the build and install phases and in that case you need to handle the situation by fixing the current dir.

Hopefully you're not frustrated from the above notes :] Wanna try more?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2014, 12:50 AM
(11-05-2014 03:42 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Hi MSW.

Sorry for the delay.

Hopefully you're not frustrated from the above notes :] Wanna try more?

Thanks tavvva,

I actually hoped for post like this. Yes, I will retry. Smile