Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PKGBUILD files
07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: PKGBUILD files
update glib to minimum required for midori. I would also suggest that -O2 be changed to -Os in the CFLAGS as it reduces binary size which is important for fitting in the cache of older CPUs over having an optimal code sequence.

-Os saves about 100k on the package size. Also the package size is doubled as it now includes GIO which was formerly separate I suspect that more modern software is using it. If not it may be possible to prune or push it into a separate pacakge.

Code:
# Contributor: Chase Rayfield
pkgname=glib2
pkgver=2.22.5
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Common C routines used by Gtk+ and other libs"
arch=('i386')
url="http://www.gtk.org/download/i"
license=('GPL')
depends=( 'gettext' 'libiconv')
source=("http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.22/glib-${pkgver}.tar.bz2")
md5sums=('63413f704c2b07d6e81469b25cff5e60')
options=('!libtool' '!docs' '!emptydirs')

build() {
cd "$srcdir/glib-$pkgver"
#--with-libiconv=gnu is required to make locales work correctly
  ./configure   \
  --prefix=/usr --disable-gtk-doc --disable-gtk-doc-html --disable-man --disable-largefile \
  --enable-debug=no --disable-selinux --disable-fam --disable-xattr --disable-regex --with-libiconv=gnu \  
  --sysconfdir=/etc --host=i386-linux-uclibc --build=i386-linux-uclibc
make
# cd "$srcdir/glib-$pkgver"
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
}
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 10:55 PM
(07-31-2012 06:38 PM)cb88 Wrote:  update glib to minimum required for midori. I would also suggest that -O2 be changed to -Os in the CFLAGS as it reduces binary size which is important for fitting in the cache of older CPUs over having an optimal code sequence.

-Os saves about 100k on the package size. Also the package size is doubled as it now includes GIO which was formerly separate I suspect that more modern software is using it. If not it may be possible to prune or push it into a separate pacakge.

Code:
# Contributor: Chase Rayfield
pkgname=glib2
pkgver=2.22.5
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Common C routines used by Gtk+ and other libs"
arch=('i386')
url="http://www.gtk.org/download/i"
license=('GPL')
depends=( 'gettext' 'libiconv')
source=("http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.22/glib-${pkgver}.tar.bz2")
md5sums=('63413f704c2b07d6e81469b25cff5e60')
options=('!libtool' '!docs' '!emptydirs')

build() {
cd "$srcdir/glib-$pkgver"
#--with-libiconv=gnu is required to make locales work correctly
  ./configure   \
  --prefix=/usr --disable-gtk-doc --disable-gtk-doc-html --disable-man --disable-largefile \
  --enable-debug=no --disable-selinux --disable-fam --disable-xattr --disable-regex --with-libiconv=gnu \  
  --sysconfdir=/etc --host=i386-linux-uclibc --build=i386-linux-uclibc
make
# cd "$srcdir/glib-$pkgver"
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
}

Hi Chase ...

As glib2 is quite critical package, we need to check the difference in the resource consumption. It seems to be the very first candidate for the previously mentioned optional repository.... Midori would have to be in the same repository, as it depends on this version of glib2 ...

I'll try to create the repository asap ...

Regards,
Jaromir.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 11:32 PM by cb88.)
Quote:Hi Chase ...

As glib2 is quite critical package, we need to check the difference in the resource consumption. It seems to be the very first candidate for the previously mentioned optional repository.... Midori would have to be in the same repository, as it depends on this version of glib2 ...

I'll try to create the repository asap ...

Regards,
Jaromir.

Indeed... I was just getting the package to build and all wasn't paying much attention to how much it affected things I am sure it does. I don't know how practical midori acutally is it drags in quite a few libs namely gnutls and friends namely I am working on webkitgtk at the moment so might have it running by the end of the week not that anyone could expect it to run on a 486 well at all.

So far I think what I have is I am not sure you will want Midori considering it may well be quite bloated... I'm just putting it together for fun some of my PKGBULDS are a bit messy still also haven't changed the package descriptions etc... skipped adding license files and so on.

glib2
gnutls
libgpg-error
libgcrypt
libsoup
vala
also had to rebuild icu from the connochaetos PKGBUILD as deli by default lacks icu-config ...

some other unrelated things I have built are
scons
libstrophe (what appears to be an awesine XMPP library)
ftjam
fltk-1.3 (I want to try my hand at an FLTK XMPP chat client)
dplus 0.5 (works well but slightly crashy on certain pages at random)
mrxvt
nettle (needed for newer versions of gnutls which I ended up not using)

Edit: currently the closest I can get to builing webkit is webkit 1.1.1 but it still fails to compile after awhile.
08-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I've pretty much given up on webkit/webkitgtk .....it might be possible to get it to build but not without updating half the distro it seems some parts of the build tools have been deleted also like icu-config and parts of autotools seem missing oh well.
08-02-2012, 10:01 PM
(08-02-2012 08:33 AM)cb88 Wrote:  I've pretty much given up on webkit/webkitgtk .....it might be possible to get it to build but not without updating half the distro it seems some parts of the build tools have been deleted also like icu-config and parts of autotools seem missing oh well.

You could try one of the older versions ....
08-12-2012, 11:16 AM
(07-31-2012 01:33 AM)cb88 Wrote:  I packaged up D+ and fltk 1.3 as they weren't in the repo.

This is a package I really like, so a big thank you
I test it when I'm feeling better [I'm a kind of medical disasterWink ]

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
08-13-2012, 12:37 AM
(08-12-2012 11:16 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 01:33 AM)cb88 Wrote:  I packaged up D+ and fltk 1.3 as they weren't in the repo.

This is a package I really like, so a big thank you
I test it when I'm feeling better [I'm a kind of medical disasterWink ]

Poor Theo ... I wish you good luck with beating the health problems ...

I quite stuck on the CD burning software ... it seems to be a bigger issue, than I thought ... and that's why D+ and fltk is still waiting in the queue ... but I'll probably build them tomorrow and return to CD burning later ...
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
(08-13-2012 12:37 AM)tavvva Wrote:  Poor Theo ... I wish you good luck with beating the health problems ...

Thank you,
Nowadays I'm using tramadol a morphine-like medicine.
So writing without errors is very very hard.. Wink
But if I'm 50% I'll do the best I can, cause I like this project very much.

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
08-14-2012, 01:04 AM
(07-31-2012 01:33 AM)cb88 Wrote:  I packaged up D+ and fltk 1.3 as they weren't in the repo. FLTK pkgbuild is derived from arch and much simplified. D+ PKGBUILD is derived from dillo-2.2 delicate PKGBULD.

I may have disabled more that needed for FTLK but it works in any case.

I signed up for the forum checked my email and posted this here all with D+. Note that it does crash if you change setting at times.

In the repo now ....

I removed Fluid (will be packed separately) and static libs ... added some missing stuff like icons ...
08-14-2012, 10:48 AM
(08-13-2012 02:04 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Nowadays I'm using tramadol a morphine-like medicine.
So writing without errors is very very hard.. Wink

Your son was wrong .... It seems that Linux users are junkies Big Grin

(08-13-2012 02:04 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  But if I'm 50% I'll do the best I can, cause I like this project very much.

I know and I do appreciate that ....