Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Glad to see deli revived, from Taiwan
08-14-2011, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 04:10 PM by tavvva.)
RE: Glad to see deli revived, from Taiwan
(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  first step : recordproto 1.13.2, make a package is not a problem. just makepkg and pacman -A it.

Why did You create the package again? That has no sense. It's already in the DeLi(cate) repository .... there's no need for rebuilding with makepkg.
It was sufficient JUST to install it from the DeLi(cate) repository.
If the build dependencies are not installed, then You can use makepkg -s to automatically install all dependencies needed for the build. You can also use makepkg -sr to install them before the build and uninstall them after the build.

(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  second step : libXtst, as you mentioned, I choose 1.0.1, which is quite old, don't worry, just makepkg and pacman -A it.

The same .... no need for makepkg

(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  third step : libchewing, same as above.

This was really missing ....

(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  fourth step : oxim main program. Manually compile will have an error, however, makepkg will ignore and continue. This error is a minor error. makepkg and pacman -A it will be fine.

As You probably made it using Your own dependencies which could be configured with incorrect options, the build could fail ....

(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  Up to now, oxim is all set. the configuration is quite simple. Since I prefer startx, so I just google forum and find the required portion, copy/paste to ~/.xinitrc, it will be done.

Quote:export LANG=zh_TW.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=zh_TW.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8
export XMODIFIERS=@im=oxim
export GTK_IM_MODULE=oxim
oxim &
exec icewm-session ## OXIM must be started before icewm!!

Then, when I startx, OXIM finally pop-up a small keyboard icon, and the default input method is chewing (mine is traditional phonetic, in this case, cnsphone).

I encounter a compilation error while compiling OXIM-SETUP. Manual compilation is always required before I makepkg. Under command prompt, I type

I'm affraid that this is not acceptable. All builds have to be 100% reproducible without any manual actions. Only kernel related stuff can have an exception ....

(08-14-2011 03:36 PM)widi Wrote:  ./configure --disable-setup-qt3 --disable-qt-immodule

but generating a config file failed, the error message is :

Quote:config.status: creating config.h
config.status: linking ././fnmatch_.h to ./fnmatch.h
config.status: error: ././fnmatch_.h: file not found

fnmatch_.h supposed to be there to symlink, but file not found. I still can't figure out why.

OXIM-SETUP isn't that important, because I use the basic input method, so I don't require special input methods. However, it is important to get it compiled, so that others can use OXIM-SETUP as well !

By the way, even though each correspondent PKGBUILD can paste here, but how to upload compiled packages?

As I noted before ... The builds need to be 100% reproducible .... just paste Your PKGBUILDs here and I'll check them + rebuild ... and upload them to the repository.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
then, mind telling me how to add those environment variable settings to ~/.xinitrc or systen-wide config file?
Find all posts by this user
08-15-2011, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2011 12:16 AM by tavvva.)
(08-14-2011 04:57 PM)widi Wrote:  then, mind telling me how to add those environment variable settings to ~/.xinitrc or systen-wide config file?

You can use the post_install / post_upgrade section of the install script.

Code:
post_install() {                                                                
  # executed after installing
}                                                                              

post_upgrade() {                                                                
  # executed after upgrade

# do what's in the post_install section
   post_install $1
}                                                                    

pre_remove() {                                                                  
  # executed before removing                                      
}                                                                              

op=$1                                                                          
shift                                                                          
$op $*

Rename the install script to $pkgname.install and add the following into the PKGBUILD

Code:
install=${pkgname}.install

But as this seem to be an optional stuff, it should have it's own package and the country/locale suffix in the package name. And of course, the country specific package should depend on OXIM, etc.
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Any news here?
Hello widi.

How is it going?
Have You succeeded with the keyboard input related packages?