Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB keyboard
09-28-2015, 11:25 AM
USB keyboard
Hello.

I was trying to install Delicate in a Pentium III with a USB keyboard. There is only the USB keyboard although the usual old circular socket is present in the back of the computer chassis.

The keyboard is detected by the BIOS as I can access the BIOS setup and make changes and the like.

However, when it is time to write "deliinstall", there is no way out as the keyboard is "dead", i.e. it is not recognized.

Other distros detect it. Is there any command to be input before booting Delicate?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: USB keyboard
(09-28-2015 11:25 AM)musetto Wrote:  Hello.

I was trying to install Delicate in a Pentium III with a USB keyboard. There is only the USB keyboard although the usual old circular socket is present in the back of the computer chassis.

The keyboard is detected by the BIOS as I can access the BIOS setup and make changes and the like.

However, when it is time to write "deliinstall", there is no way out as the keyboard is "dead", i.e. it is not recognized.

Other distros detect it. Is there any command to be input before booting Delicate?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. The USB HID module is not included in the installer kernel because of the size constraints. That would require an extra kernel built just for this purpose and released separately.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2015, 06:57 AM
RE: USB keyboard
Ok.

Thank you for the reply. I would have liked to test it.

Bye.
Find all posts by this user