Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bios Error Old Linux Computer
08-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Bios Error Old Linux Computer
Hi i am new to Deli(cate) Linux and have a number of computers. Some with windows xp and 98 and 3.11 and dos. Some with versions of BSD Unix Linux slackware and others. I get a lot of old computers from places and am currently working with a pentium 133mhz 16mb ram and 1281 mb hard drive quad speed cdrom the computer is a IBM APTIVA M71 model 2168-m71. I spent the last 3 days getting one of my computers to burn the new .1alpha5 delicate iso and rawrite the cdrom boot floppy (my main computers no longer have floppy drives and my cdwriters wont burn 52x speed cd-r and stores that sell the right speed are hard to find). Anyway when i boot up the computer (i think i had an old slackware version on it that wont boot anymore) it says ERROR: Incompatible BIOS Translation Detected.
Refer to your Ontrack documentation for more information.
Insert boot diskette in drive A:, press any key when ready...
. So i have the CDROM boot.dsk floppy (that i rawrited with a windows xp wrawrite program) in the drive and the Deli(cate) ISO cd i burnt in the drive but nothing happens when i press a key for the boot disk prompt. I do know a little about linux/unix from books. Mainly terminal prompt and it has been a while since i partitioned anything. Dont understand grub or lilo really just did what the instructions say so what i'm trying to say is i dont know how to fix my Incompatible BIOS Translation so i can install Deli(cate). If you can help me boot Deli(cate) linux please help. BTW my computer wont boot from CD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2015, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 09:24 PM by tavvva.)
RE: Bios Error Old Linux Computer
Hello.

Are you sure the floppy drive is ok? Are you sure the floppy is well readable? You could try to boot with the smart boot manager floppy (sbootmgr.dsk)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2015, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 10:04 PM by olivetree4752.)
I entered the bios and disabled the hard drive from booting and now only have the floppy drive to boot from. Now instead of the errors it said something about configuration of the bios has been changed i let it save it. Then a screen with what looks like a floppy drive and an arrow coming from a picture of a disk appears with arrows pointing to a F1 through F12 boxes appear. I guess this is telling me to press F1 when a disk is inserted. I thought the boot.dsk would make the cdrom available to load. If this is not what it does then i guess it wants me to make boot floppies of the Deli(cate) system. I did not see boot floppy install disks anywhere to be made and would rather use the cdrom if it is possible to get the cdrom to boot the ISO. Otherwise i could install from possible floppies (although floppies seem unreliable and who knows how many would be needed). I made the cd ISO at 40x speed and my cdrom reads at quad speed does this make a difference when it wants to read. When i made the ISO it said recommended 8x should i have made it at 4x.
08-22-2015, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015 04:33 AM by olivetree4752.)
Ok i re rawrited the boot.dsk and inserted into floppy drive now i have the installation running good job developers. Thank you hopefully soon i can have a terminal text web browser and C compiler with libs. I got a Warning: unable to open initial console. Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. message. I get a GRUB loading stage 2 prompt.I chose to boot Deli(cate) 0.1-alpha5 Install [kernel 1-2.4.33.3-boot] instead of boot from cdrom when i choose boot from cdrom it gives an error Disk error! 0x0C. I hit enter and it brings me to a Boot Menu with Quit to BIOS Reboot and
flags Number Type Name
*--------D CDO 0 NONE CD-ROM
options. someimes it will let me keep going and then stop somewhere
i burned a new image onto a cd-r at 4X speed using imgburn but it warned that my drive specs shouldnt burn below 8x and i am using music cd-r since my cd r drive speed was not fast enough to burn the 52X speed and the music cd-r are 40x speed so hopefully i dont have to special order some other cd-r if this doesnt work im going to try 8X speed since i heard 4x will work with 8x im waiting to see if it will boot now but it has been some time since anything else printed on screen

im getting the cdrom to boot went through cfdisk it partitioned auto for me i entered deliinstall and loaded from cdrom the install is going on now watching it with alt+f4 like wiki says now i got
error: unable to lock pacman database if you're sure pacman is not already running, you can remove /tmp/pacman.lck
waiting now to see if it automatically does anything
entered alt+f1 and screen was waiting for me to enter password a underprivileged user and password then it said only minimal install was completed and if i wanted to add additional packages which i guess was on cd-r and now i get a
CONGRATULATION! Installation of DeLi(cate) Linux completed Take the CD-ROM out of the drive and press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot
so here goes nothing

It restarted and said the same thing about the
ERROR: Incompatible BIOS Translation Detected.
Refer to your Ontrack documenation for more information.
Insert boot diskette in drive A:, press any key when ready...

I was reading something in the setup menu about cfdisk creating something for bioses not capable of handling the system I will retry and get this setting to work ASAP. It wants me to partition space for it but i dont know what to do like with Primary or Logical
and how much space i gave it 10 mb. After i set up the partition it said to reboot i did so at the prompt and it still gets the ERROR:, Incompatible BIOS Translation Detected. I use the boot.dsk and get no option for cd rom but a new menu option Boot from the 1st harddrive. When I enter this option I get
Booting 'Boot from the 1st harddrive'
root (hd0)
Error 25: Disk read error
Press any key to continue...
and sends me back to the BOOT menu.
So any help with this is much appreciated.
08-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Hello.

You put here a lot of information. It would be better to discuss this online. Do you use any instant messenger like IRC, Jabber, ICQ, ... ?

Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2017, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 05:26 PM by AlbertVeica.)
Thong Cover Wigs Or Come to Web Wigs
If you're a novice to hair pieces and wish to purchase one, and then whatever you decide to Wigs
have in mind is that you only have to pick the color and style you prefer. Truly your shopping involving wigs might be a more complex than what you might have Wigs
imagined.

As a way to purchase the appropriate thing for yourself, the very first selection you will need to help to make is to select in between two types of wigs: the manufactured Human Hair Wigs
versions as well as the real hair versions. Both of them appear in numerous colors and styles and also have their pros and cons. An artificial hairpiece is cheap, however it tends to search fake in fact it is tougher to keep. While an individual head of hair hairpiece is a lot more practical Human Hair Wigs
searching which last extended, but it's more expensive.

Another important thing you need to consider when choosing hair pieces is that which cap is used to the hairpieces. Your Wigs
cover 's what you'll move above your head, a high quality limit forces you to feel comfortable. Although there are many different varieties of wig caps available from which to choose, the particular ribbons cover is regarded as the well-liked 1. Your lace Wigs For Women
limit forces you to really feel secure because it enables your head to be able to "breathe".

If you're a new comer to hairpieces and would like to buy one, and then whatever you decide and Wigs
are thinking about is you only need to choose the style and color you want. In fact the particular searching involving wigs is a touch more difficult when compared with you have Human Hair Wigs
imagined.

So that you can purchase the appropriate issue by yourself, the first determination you will need to create is usually to pick in between two kinds of hair pieces: the particular synthetic Wigs
kinds and also the real human hair kinds. Both are available in many styles and colors and also have their own positives and negatives. An artificial hairpiece is reasonable, but it will appear fake and it's also tougher to keep. While a person head of hair hairpiece is a bit more practical Wigs For Women
hunting and lasts longer, yet it's more expensive.

Cruising you need to think about when purchasing hair pieces is what type of limit is employed for your hairpieces. Your Wigs
hat 's what you may draw above your head, a high quality cover could make you feel safe. However, there are many kinds of hairpiece caps around to pick from, the ribbons limit is easily the most well-liked a single. The particular wide lace Wigs
cover will make you really feel comfy mainly because it enables your remaining hair to be able to "breathe".

In case you are not used to hair pieces and would like to get one, after that what you may Human Hair Wigs
have in mind is you just need to select the color and style you want. In fact your shopping of hairpieces might be a more complex than you have Wigs For Black Women
imagined.

To be able to purchase the proper thing on your own, the first choice you simply must make is always to pick in between 2 kinds of hair pieces: your artificial Wigs For Black Women
versions as well as the real hair versions. Both appear in several styles and colors and possess their particular pros and cons. An artificial hairpiece is inexpensive, but it is likely to seem bogus which is more difficult to take care of. Although a human hair hairpiece is much more reasonable Lace Front Wigs
looking which lasts extended, however it is more expensive.

Cruising you have to take into account when purchasing hairpieces is the fact that what sort of cap is utilized for the wigs. The Wigs
cover is the thing that you will draw over your head, a top quality cover will make you feel safe. Though there are numerous different kinds of wig lids available to choose from, your ribbons hat is easily the most common 1. Your wide lace Human Hair Wigs
hat forces you to feel completely secure since it makes it possible for your own scalp for you to "breathe".

If you are not used to hairpieces and wish to acquire one, then whatever you decide to Wigs
have in mind is that you only need to select the style and color you want. But actually the actual purchasing involving wigs is a bit more complex than you might have Wigs For Women
dreamed.

So that you can buy the correct thing on your own, the very first selection you will have to create is always to pick between 2 types of wigs: your artificial Wigs
types as well as the natural splendor versions. Both of them can be found in numerous colors and styles and also have his or her advantages and disadvantages. An artificial hairpiece is affordable, but it is likely to look fake and it's also more difficult to keep. Even though a person's locks wig is a bit more realistic Wigs For Black Women
seeking which last lengthier, yet it's costlier.

Cruising you have to think about when buying wigs is always that what type of cap is utilized to the wigs. Your Wigs
limit is what you'll take over your head, a high quality cover will make you feel comfortable. Although there are many different kinds of hairpiece caps out there from which to choose, the actual wide lace top hat is easily the most common one particular. The actual lace Wigs For Black Women
hat forces you to really feel comfortable because it makes it possible for your own remaining hair in order to "breathe".

Wigs