Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stuck in floppy+CD install
07-21-2015, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 12:34 AM by Gearhead.)
Stuck in floppy+CD install
Dudes, I'm installing the last stable version in my IBM Aptiva 486 PC, which has a CD-ROM drive, but it is not directly bootable. So I'm booting it through a floppy, like the official Delicate wiki says.

So, the floppy boots and I get this screen:

[Image: IMG_3821.jpg]

So, what do I do now to begin the installation through CD?? (i'm not so much familiar with Linux systems configuration from command-line).

Should I do something like using the root and kernel commands? I failed trying that.

Thanks guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Stuck in floppy+CD install
(07-21-2015 12:32 AM)Gearhead Wrote:  Dudes, I'm installing the last stable version in my IBM Aptiva 486 PC, which has a CD-ROM drive, but it is not directly bootable. So I'm booting it through a floppy, like the official Delicate wiki says.

So, the floppy boots and I get this screen:

[Image: IMG_3821.jpg]

So, what do I do now to begin the installation through CD?? (i'm not so much familiar with Linux systems configuration from command-line).

Should I do something like using the root and kernel commands? I failed trying that.

Thanks guys!

Hello, Gearhead.

Something's definitely wrong. You should see a brown menu, not the empty boot prompt.
This could be caused by a broken floppy disc/drive or some major incompatibility of the relevant computer hardware.
Could you please download the boot image again and recreate with a different floppy disc?
If the issue persists, try to boot with smart boot manager floppy. All the floppy images can be downloaded from the following link:

http://delicate-linux.net/0.1/download/floppies/

The smart boot manager should allow to boot from the CD drive. In some cases it throws an initial error when accessin the CD, but if you confirm that and repeat the action, it usually works well ....

Please, let me know, whether that works ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2015, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 01:59 AM by Gearhead.)
Thank you sir!
I'm gonna try this in a while. I have some other floppies to try too. I didn't know it could be a problem with the floppy writing, and the right menu was brown.
After this I will post here again.Smile

IT WORKED!!!!! Big Grin

Thank you tavvva!!!
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2015, 10:07 PM
(07-21-2015 01:28 AM)Gearhead Wrote:  Thank you sir!
I'm gonna try this in a while. I have some other floppies to try too. I didn't know it could be a problem with the floppy writing, and the right menu was brown.
After this I will post here again.Smile

IT WORKED!!!!! Big Grin

Thank you tavvva!!!

Happy to read that. Moving to RESOLVED.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user