Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CFDISK crashing
12-31-2014, 06:13 PM
CFDISK crashing
Hello Yall! I am new to this Distro. I have a machine that is almost 10 years old. Dell Dimension 2300 and the specs are cpu Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.60 Ghz, 256 Mb of RAM, and 13 Gb HDD. Everytime I try to delete and format when I type in cfdisk command it crashes with the error: FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partiton 1: Partiton ends in the fianl partial cylind. I have tried to re-partition this using different things such as G-parted and so on with no success. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thank yall in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: CFDISK crashing
Did you try fdisk instead of cfdisk?
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: CFDISK crashing
(12-31-2014 06:13 PM)fishmanloveslinux Wrote:  Hello Yall! I am new to this Distro. I have a machine that is almost 10 years old. Dell Dimension 2300 and the specs are cpu Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.60 Ghz, 256 Mb of RAM, and 13 Gb HDD.

Hello.
Sorry for the late response.
Even when Pentium 4 is 10 years old, it is still too young and powerful for this distro. I'm sure you could find more suitable candidates for this machine.

(12-31-2014 06:13 PM)fishmanloveslinux Wrote:  Everytime I try to delete and format when I type in cfdisk command it crashes with the error: FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partiton 1: Partiton ends in the fianl partial cylind. I have tried to re-partition this using different things such as G-parted and so on with no success. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thank yall in advance.

Is it a SATA or IDE harddrive? What controller does your MB have?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user