Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
trouble installing delicate (floppy + usb)
12-18-2014, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 12:50 AM by rabotin.)
Bug trouble installing delicate (floppy + usb)
hi everybody, I have an old laptop (sony vaio pcg-F610, amd K6 550mhz, 64mb ram) the CD doesn't work, and I sucessfully boot the usb from PLOP floppy.
the problem comes when the installer tries to locate the base system to installation process, it doesn't recognise the usb storage at all, and I can't proceed with the installation.
some help?
(excuse my english)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2014, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 01:16 AM by tavvva.)
RE: trouble installing delicate (floppy + usb)
(12-18-2014 12:49 AM)rabotin Wrote:  hi everybody, I have an old laptop (sony vaio pcg-F610, amd K6 550mhz, 64mb ram) the CD doesn't work, and I sucessfully boot the usb from PLOP floppy.
the problem comes when the installer tries to locate the base system to installation process, it doesn't recognise the usb storage at all, and I can't proceed with the installation.
some help?
(excuse my english)

Hello.

Your english is good.
USB storage is not supported by the default installation kernel so that the memory consumption is minimized for low-RAM hardware. Is your laptop equipped with any well known PCMCIA network card? As the last resort you could use a serial port installation.

Anyway ... the USB support would be nice to have. The install CD could be equipped with alternative kernels with USB storage support. Let me do few tests here, and I'll try to come back with a solution.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2016, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 09:55 PM by megasamu.)
(12-18-2014 01:13 AM)tavvva Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 12:49 AM)rabotin Wrote:  hi everybody, I have an old laptop (sony vaio pcg-F610, amd K6 550mhz, 64mb ram) the CD doesn't work, and I sucessfully boot the usb from PLOP floppy.
some help?
(excuse my english)

Hello.

Your english is good.
USB storage is not supported by the default installation kernel so that the memory consumption is minimized for low-RAM hardware. Is your laptop equipped with any well known PCMCIA network card? As the last resort you could use a serial port installation.

Anyway ... the USB support would be nice to have. The install CD could be equipped with alternative kernels with USB storage support. Let me do few tests here, and I'll try to come back with a solution.

A question, ultimately since were they the tests? But inconvenience to ask.
The truth is that to my also I would be served help, since me to dead man my DVD drive.

Sorry my english.

Edit: If it needs I can be your tester.
01-12-2016, 08:23 PM
(01-11-2016 09:51 PM)megasamu Wrote:  
some help?
(excuse my english)

Hello.

Your english is good.

The truth is that to my also I would be served help, since me to dead man my DVD drive.

Sorry my english.

Hello. The tests were done with the last available 2.4 class kernel and the solution worked well ... the thing is that there was no CD release since that ... The feature could possibly get to the next one ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2016, 09:36 PM
(01-12-2016 08:23 PM)tavvva Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 09:51 PM)megasamu Wrote:  
some help?
(excuse my english)

Hello.

Your english is good.

Sorry my english.

Hello. The tests were done with the last available 2.4 class kernel and the solution worked well ... the thing is that there was no CD release since that ... The feature could possibly get to the next one ...
Thank you for answering me, I hope that it is prompt to prove as soon as possible the distribution that has very good pinto. Jeje And I renew thank you for answering me