Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Install Deli(cate) on pendrive
08-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Install Deli(cate) on pendrive
I would like to install Delicate Linux on my 1 gb USB stick, formated with ext. Is it possible? It was possible with Puppy Linux Installer and it works, but installer in Delicate doesnt see other devices than hardrive.
I am not so good in working with linux files, but if there is possibility to manually copy files, I could try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Install Deli(cate) on pendrive
(08-27-2014 12:54 PM)tokirium Wrote:  I would like to install Delicate Linux on my 1 gb USB stick, formated with ext. Is it possible? It was possible with Puppy Linux Installer and it works, but installer in Delicate doesnt see other devices than hardrive.
I am not so good in working with linux files, but if there is possibility to manually copy files, I could try.

Hello. I could try to prepare a USB image. The image would have to use initrd or a different kernel with USB modules compiled in, but it is generally possible. The only problem I see is the USB boot support. The computers with USB boot support are usually too recent and you would have to use a boot floppy or boot CD together with the USB penrive on older hardware.
May I know exactly the purpose of the USB pendrive?

Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm working on computer with PentiumIII without USB boot support and I'm booting using floppy. I'm trying some liveCD distros with USB pendrive with Uniwersal USB Installer.
I've got troubles with hard drive partitions (I used Gparted and Windows xp works, but now cfdisk, fdisk and Gparted doesn't allow to edit partition table). I would try DeliCate on this machine, because other Linux distros are not as smoothly as I expect (only Wary Linux was useful, but still to slow to browse net). Maybe Delicate will be better Smile
Find all posts by this user
08-30-2014, 10:50 PM
(08-30-2014 10:30 AM)tokirium Wrote:  I'm working on computer with PentiumIII without USB boot support and I'm booting using floppy. I'm trying some liveCD distros with USB pendrive with Uniwersal USB Installer.
I've got troubles with hard drive partitions (I used Gparted and Windows xp works, but now cfdisk, fdisk and Gparted doesn't allow to edit partition table). I would try DeliCate on this machine, because other Linux distros are not as smoothly as I expect (only Wary Linux was useful, but still to slow to browse net). Maybe Delicate will be better Smile

DeLi(cate) is fast, but less featured. There's always a tradeof. Nowadays the web pages are very resource hungry and there's no chance to make the browsing faster in principle.
09-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Tha USB support can be built-in, but unfortunately the Mass Storage support can only be built as module and therefore we need to create an initrd.