Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Packages/installation/libs
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Packages/installation/libs
Hi,

I'd like to compile packages for Delicate.

Unfortunately, I fail at a very early stage.

When I try to compile a quite regular "configure; make; make install", the configure stage fails at: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

I installed binutils, and uclibc-devel, but to no avail. How do I search the contents of packages? The link to the package system on the Delicate website is a 403. Pacman -Ss gcc delivers exactly two results (gcc and gcc-libs; both are already installed).

Where’s the bug?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Götz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: Packages/installation/libs
(08-08-2013 11:24 AM)delicatestuff Wrote:  Hi,

When I try to compile a quite regular "configure; make; make install", the configure stage fails at: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

I installed binutils, and uclibc-devel, but to no avail. How do I search the contents of packages? The link to the package system on the Delicate website is a 403. Pacman -Ss gcc delivers exactly two results (gcc and gcc-libs; both are already installed).

Where’s the bug?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Götz

Hello Götz.

It seems something nasty happened with the server. I need to find out what.
Please, stay tuned.

Regards,
Jaromir.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Argh ... my mistake. I took the fassim antispam template and activated without modifying the override settings. It affected the whole web server and the indexed directories became inaccessible.
08-08-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 11:10 PM by tavvva.)

Where’s the bug?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Götz

And now to your compilation issue ... libgcc_s.so.1 is a part of the gcc-libs package ... make sure it's correctly installed (and not corrupted) and put in the depends list.

It's quite strange since gcc depends on gcc-libs. Are you sure you're not missing anything?

It would be better to contact me on the IRC channel:
http://delicate-linux.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=164

I'm usually reachable in the afternoon (UTC+2) ...
08-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Maybe you would like to tell me what piece of software you're trying to build? Don't know. It's always better to start with more info. Some pieces of software can be simply not robust enough
and the linking may fail because of some stupid and minor detail.
08-09-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 06:14 PM by delicatestuff.)
(08-08-2013 11:05 PM)tavvva Wrote:  

Where’s the bug?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Götz

And now to your compilation issue ... libgcc_s.so.1 is a part of the gcc-libs package ... make sure it's correctly installed (and not corrupted) and put in the depends list.

It's quite strange since gcc depends on gcc-libs. Are you sure you're not missing anything?

It would be better to contact me on the IRC channel:
http://delicate-linux.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=164

I'm usually reachable in the afternoon (UTC+2) ...

After your changes I re-installed gcc-libs again, pacman told me it's already there, whether I want to install again. I said 'yes', it re-installed. After that I was able to do a successfull "./configure", now binaries can be built.

Thanks for your changes! I'm now able to browse the package repos again, too.
(08-09-2013 06:09 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Maybe you would like to tell me what piece of software you're trying to build? Don't know. It's always better to start with more info. Some pieces of software can be simply not robust enough
and the linking may fail because of some stupid and minor detail.

I built 'ngircd', a small and clean IRC daemon, http://ngircd.barton.de. It compiles and works. I now have to check how to make a proper package.
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 12:08 AM
(08-09-2013 06:13 PM)delicatestuff Wrote:  I built 'ngircd', a small and clean IRC daemon, http://ngircd.barton.de. It compiles and works. I now have to check how to make a proper package.

Good :] If you need hints, then don't hesitate to contact me via IRC. It would be pleasure for me to help with creating packages for DeLi(cate).