Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fltk based applications
03-15-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 01:17 PM by george53.)
RE: fltk based applications
(03-07-2013 11:24 PM)tavvva Wrote:  It's unreal to patch it .... there are too many differences in the FLTK 1.1 and 1.3 sources ....... it would be easier to introduce multiple versions of FLTK 1.x ...

Yes, it is very difficult but I needed an IDE for my Nanolinux distribution.

So here is my FLTK 1.3.0 port of FlDev:
FlDev130 on Sourceforge

Georg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014, 10:41 AM
(03-15-2014 01:13 PM)george53 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 11:24 PM)tavvva Wrote:  It's unreal to patch it .... there are too many differences in the FLTK 1.1 and 1.3 sources ....... it would be easier to introduce multiple versions of FLTK 1.x ...

Yes, it is very difficult but I needed an IDE for my Nanolinux distribution.

So here is my FLTK 1.3.0 port of FlDev:
FlDev130 on Sourceforge

Georg

Hi Georg.

That's fantastic :] I'll try to build it for delicate.

Thanks for letting us know.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I got reports that you have to add <unistd.h> to the debug.cpp file to compile. Since this file is dead code, you could also comment parts out if you need.

The debug code was a test of the original developer which I had no time yet to work on and continue to make it usable. However, part of the editor.cpp code refers to that so I just left it in.

If you need any help, tell me. I got it to work on openSuse and Tinycore but it seems not to work out of the box on Gentoo.

Georg
03-18-2014, 11:34 AM
(03-18-2014 11:10 AM)george53 Wrote:  I got reports that you have to add <unistd.h> to the debug.cpp file to compile. Since this file is dead code, you could also comment parts out if you need.

The debug code was a test of the original developer which I had no time yet to work on and continue to make it usable. However, part of the editor.cpp code refers to that so I just left it in.

If you need any help, tell me. I got it to work on openSuse and Tinycore but it seems not to work out of the box on Gentoo.

Georg

I could try to build it for Fedora once I get in the office.
03-18-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 02:28 PM by tavvva.)
(03-18-2014 11:10 AM)george53 Wrote:  I got reports that you have to add <unistd.h> to the debug.cpp file to compile.

I checked the delicate sources of fldev 0.5.7 from 08-Mar-2013 and it seems I had to patch the missing unistd.h:
http://delicate-linux.net/0.1/src/fldev/0.5.7-2/

... so, you're right ... fortunately other modifications were not needed.
03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
One question.

It seems it's your personal fork, but even of that it would be nice if you could continue in the former versioning somehow. If the former upstream is unresponsive, then call the new fork "fldev-ng" or "fldev130" and give it the same version you forked it from (for example fldev-ng-0.5.7) so that it follows the common NVR rules.

Please, let me know.
Thanks.
03-18-2014, 05:06 PM
The previous fldev development was in 2005 and then stopped. So I take it that the former developer currently has no interest in continuing with this project.

Yes, the versioning is not consistent but I just like FlDev130 since it makes the difference apparent. So I would like to keep that name.

Georg
03-18-2014, 09:18 PM
(03-18-2014 05:06 PM)george53 Wrote:  The previous fldev development was in 2005 and then stopped. So I take it that the former developer currently has no interest in continuing with this project.

You never know unless you ask. He could give you the commit rights, etc.

(03-18-2014 05:06 PM)george53 Wrote:  Yes, the versioning is not consistent but I just like FlDev130 since it makes the difference apparent. So I would like to keep that name.

That's ok. Just fix the NVR, please, so that the downloads can be automated. If I were you, I would create a git repository on sourceforge or gitorious.
03-18-2014, 09:28 PM
I just tested the nanolinux 1.2 ISO. It's nice little thingy. Surprisingly sprsht evaluates 1.00 + 2.00 as 12.00 :]
03-18-2014, 11:36 PM
I searched the net for NVR but did get no explanation. What are you refering to?

Maintaining a distro is quite some work (as you probably know) and I cannot maintain all the applications included. I guess there willl be an explanation or some setting which causes this result.