Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DeLi(cate) user repository
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
DeLi(cate) user repository
I've been working on a package repository, similar to AUR, to aid the development of Delicate Linux. Its main purpose is to have better control over submitted packages.

Anyway, like I said in the thread, I'm still working on it. You can check it out here: http://dur.gelat.in
Example package

I have yet to add user (and admin) authentication. The plan is for the administrator/moderator to approve or reject packages, based on submission guidelines. Now the search works (example).

Anyway, just looking for some feedback. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 11:14 AM by tavvva.)
RE: DeLi(cate) user repository
(07-03-2012 12:31 PM)snacsnoc Wrote:  I've been working on a package repository, similar to AUR, to aid the development of Delicate Linux. Its main purpose is to have better control over submitted packages.

Anyway, like I said in the thread, I'm still working on it. You can check it out here: http://dur.gelat.in
Example package

I have yet to add user (and admin) authentication. The plan is for the administrator/moderator to approve or reject packages, based on submission guidelines. Now the search works (example).

Anyway, just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

The idea is good. I guess it works on top of GIT, right? How do you plan to store source tarballs and other resource files? PKGBUILDs are useful only when the source tarballs and patches are available too. Especially this distribution often needs older versions of software an they're sometimes deleted or archived in different location and in that case the links in the sources section wouldn't work. That's why I'd like to see them stored too.

Btw. I forgot to praise you for the page design. It looks nice ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 10:32 AM by snacsnoc.)
RE: DeLi(cate) user repository
(07-04-2012 11:02 AM)tavvva Wrote:  The idea is good. I guess it works on top of GIT, right? How do you plan to store source tarballs and other resource files? PKGBUILDs are useful only when the source tarballs and patches are available too. Especially this distribution often needs older versions of software an they're sometimes deleted or archived in different location and in that case the links in the sources section wouldn't work. That's why I'd like to see them stored too.

Btw. I forgot to praise you for the page design. It looks nice ...

It doesn't work on Git actually. Other resource files can be linked to external sites or uploaded. Source tarballs can be generated if all the other resource files are uploaded as well. I haven't implemented this but it shouldn't be difficult to do so.

The design is just Twitter Bootstrap, nothing special Wink
Find all posts by this user