Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[beginners/tip] MealMaster files
05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: [beginners/tip] MealMaster files
Nice to see both reactions. I've got almost hundred cookbooks and I don't know how much papers with recipes. If a viewer is there I could easily make a MMF template and save them.
It easier too work with, than to dig it up somewhere in a room upstairs. :]

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Do you have a way to share recipes with others? Am always interested in finding recipes that are safe to use for people with food allergies.

(05-29-2012 07:43 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Nice to see both reactions. I've got almost hundred cookbooks and I don't know how much papers with recipes. If a viewer is there I could easily make a MMF template and save them.
It easier too work with, than to dig it up somewhere in a room upstairs. :]
Find all posts by this user
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2012 10:17 PM by tavvva.)
(05-29-2012 01:07 PM)lmemsm Wrote:  If I can find the right browser to use as a starting point, I've been wanting to modify it to use as a GUI front-end for scripting. If anyone has any ideas on browser code that would make a good starting point, let me know. So far, I've looked at a few. When I asked about netsurf on their mailing list, the developers didn't think it would be a good match for this kind of purpose. Had trouble building it on one of the platforms I needed to support anyway. Lynx looks useable possibly, but the interface wouldn't look native. It would basically be good for console apps only. The other option is something based on webkit. Still investigating. Other suggestions appreciated.

I could imagine that only as a PHP or CGI application running on a web server ... even locally .... but that's a bit overkill ...

But I'm interrested in the result of your investigation ... maybe some way really exists.
05-30-2012, 12:05 PM
(05-29-2012 08:24 PM)lmemsm Wrote:  Do you have a way to share recipes with others? Am always interested in finding recipes that are safe to use for people with food allergies.

All my 'paper' recipes are in Dutch and a few in German.
I know for sure that there are recipes in the MMF format for people with food allergies. A quick example is this one: http://www.recipelink.com/cgi/msgbrd/msg...hread=5687

And there are many more.
If I've got the time I would give it a look if I can find something and translate it.
Meanwhile you can always look for MMF files (there must be a million recipes in this format), so there must be a lot of recipes for people with allergies too.

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
(05-29-2012 10:02 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I could imagine that only as a PHP or CGI application running on a web server ... even locally .... but that's a bit overkill ...

But I'm interrested in the result of your investigation ... maybe some way really exists.

Worst case scenario, I find a web browser that builds cross-platform and take the code that sends forms to a server and if the web page is local instead send it to a file. That way other applications can read the results (similar to dialog). If a web browser has XMLHttpRequest support in Javascript, it's fairly simply to read in a text or XML file. At least it was, Chrome and Opera are now adding extra security that causes issues when working with local files (even just reading them). Latest versions of Chrome make it hard to test web pages locally before loading them to a site. Firefox had a plug-in that acted as a web server within Firefox itself. (No external web server necessary.) I also looked at writing a plug-in, but the interface looks pretty complicated and it's quickly outdated by new versions. Didn't think it would be worth the effort if the next version renders it useless. I'd rather find something that's already out there (faster than writing the entire thing from scratch) and has most of the functionality I need. Then I can take it apart, remove anything I don't need and add the parts to interact with other applications or whatever else is missing. If I can find a browser with decent CSS and Javascript support, it could make a really good, highly customizable user interface. (Nice for internationalization too, because you just switch out the web page to display the language needed.) Customizing the look of applications using it would be as easy as changing a CSS file. If I just find a browser with decent form support, it will at least make a decent replacement for dialog. Still looking at what's out there to try to determine which browser(s) to use as a starting point.
Find all posts by this user