Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[beginners/tip] MealMaster files
04-29-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: [beginners/tip] MealMaster files
(04-24-2012 10:54 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 09:01 AM)tavvva Wrote:  Hi Theo ... yup, thanks for asking ... Now I have two certs hanging on the wall :]

Hehe.. I've got several papers which are lockup in safe place. My Novell papers are for the antiquestore (3.11/3.12). But it can be worser..I've got some Richmond related papers.. I hope they don't use it against me Tongue

Against you? How? Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2012, 12:49 PM
(04-29-2012 11:06 AM)tavvva Wrote:  Against you? How? Big Grin

Well I know one...
If I make some linux related mistakes, it's easy to point at me and tell me that I should have spend my time better than learning some MS-related stuff Tongue
But I guess everyone has the right to be stupid once in a while :]

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
04-29-2012, 05:47 PM
MealMaster? I don't know it that exist...
I feel bad because I can help with programation, but if you need graphics for the gui, well, Here I am!
Charlie
04-30-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2012 08:20 AM by tavvva.)
(04-29-2012 05:47 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  MealMaster? I don't know it that exist...
I feel bad because I can help with programation, but if you need graphics for the gui, well, Here I am!
Charlie

Graphic designers are always welcome :]
04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
(04-29-2012 05:47 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  MealMaster? I don't know it that exist...
Charlie

Hehehe, I'm feeling old these days Tongue
The fact is that I suck when it comes to program, I can write some bash scripts to make things easier but it's not a 100% solution. I'm using grep to see what titles are in the file, but after that it's messy, copy and paste from the terminal can't be done directly but with a trick I can search the title when I open the file with leafpad.
It works but is far from userfriendly...

An easier solution could be a program that list all mmf files where you can pick the recipe file you want too see. When you click at it all titles would be listed, click on the title and the recipe would be displayed (just like the rest of the viewers).
It doesn't sound to complicated, but for me it is :]

B.t.w. it's nice to see that others are willing to support and help too Smile

05-01-2012, 09:27 PM
the mmf viewer is still waiting for me :] I know ...
05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Didn't notice nut ( http://nut.sourceforge.net/ ) get mentioned in the list of recipe programs. I don't think it'll handle mealmaster files, but it can at least do nutrition analysis which many other recipe programs can't handle. It's also really lightweight with very few dependencies. Might be nice if it could be integrated with another program that could do more recipe management.
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 07:57 PM
(05-07-2012 01:24 PM)lmemsm Wrote:  Didn't notice nut ( http://nut.sourceforge.net/ ) get mentioned in the list of recipe programs. I don't think it'll handle mealmaster files, but it can at least do nutrition analysis which many other recipe programs can't handle. It's also really lightweight with very few dependencies. Might be nice if it could be integrated with another program that could do more recipe management.

I know nut, but nut is more like a food-analyser and it's not a recipe manager or viewer.
It's more 'scientist-like' Tongue

05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I've been thinking about rewriting my own recipes in HTML or XML. (Should be fairly easy to convert text to that format). You can use a web browser to view it. wkhtmltopdf can create an automatic table of contents. It would probably be fairly easy to add some search or indexing capabilities using anchors, ids and Javascript. I also like having the nutritional analysis available in my recipe manager, so I'd like to come up with something that integrates that.

Browsers are a bit limited as an interface. Most will let you read local files in some manner. However, only a few will let you write. Tiddlywiki has some good examples of how to do some of that in a cross-browser fashion. So far, IE and some server-side Javascript programs are the only things I've seen that add exec capability to shell out and run other programs. It would be nice to take the code from a web browser and add some of the CommonJS features like executing other programs. One could use it as a fancy replacement for dialog and use with scripting language of choice or even do the scripting right in the tool with Javascript (no need for bash). It also makes a nice front-end/GUI for command line compiled programs.

If I can find the right browser to use as a starting point, I've been wanting to modify it to use as a GUI front-end for scripting. If anyone has any ideas on browser code that would make a good starting point, let me know. So far, I've looked at a few. When I asked about netsurf on their mailing list, the developers didn't think it would be a good match for this kind of purpose. Had trouble building it on one of the platforms I needed to support anyway. Lynx looks useable possibly, but the interface wouldn't look native. It would basically be good for console apps only. The other option is something based on webkit. Still investigating. Other suggestions appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
05-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I've finally written an MMF parser, that can be used in the Gtk (or fltk?) based application ... it creates a dynamic memory structure (with reallocation granularity set to 1024 bytes) holding all recipes without wasting too much space and CPU during the filling ... so .... hopefully I'll be able to finish the viewer soon ...