Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
I dont use the modem, but is integrated.
I will try it later.
Charlie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Already try it, didn't work.
I'm sad saying this but, I reinstalled Puppy, and everything works (except the cd-rom, Is like a group problem), so sorry.
But don't worry, here in Mexico we have the "Tianguis" (Open air market or bazaar that is traditionally held on certain market days in a town or city neighborhood in Mexico and Central America. [Thanks Wikipedia!]) and I found a lot of old's laptops, so I can buy one and again probe Delicate Smile, also I been around the forum and trying to help.
I need to say that Delicate, Is very inmature, and have a lot of things that is needed to do.
I will waiting for the final version, and then, I will try it again.
Charlie.
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
(05-03-2012 07:23 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Already try it, didn't work.
I'm sad saying this but, I reinstalled Puppy, and everything works (except the cd-rom, Is like a group problem), so sorry.
But don't worry, here in Mexico we have the "Tianguis" (Open air market or bazaar that is traditionally held on certain market days in a town or city neighborhood in Mexico and Central America. [Thanks Wikipedia!]) and I found a lot of old's laptops, so I can buy one and again probe Delicate Smile, also I been around the forum and trying to help.
I need to say that Delicate, Is very inmature, and have a lot of things that is needed to do.
I will waiting for the final version, and then, I will try it again.
Charlie.

May I know what exactly did you try? The wifi or modem? :] I'm a bit confused now.
If you're talking about the wifi card, the key can be entered either in HEX form or ASCII form (but you need to use the right prefix) ... you may eventually try no encryption just for test ...
I have several orinoco based cards at home and all of them work without problems ... but I know .... we need some configuration tool for wifi cards to make the configuration easier. The wireless support would be much better with 2.6 series kernels ... but we're not there yet ...
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
(05-03-2012 07:23 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Already try it, didn't work.

Sorry to read that...
I've Delicate running on 3 machines without any problems (1 old laptop and P2 and P3). I hope that puppy is going to work for you, during my own experience (or the lack of it) sooner or later strange things happens. I've been playing around with different distros for a while and puppy is by far the most unstable one (perhaps the lack of root?) for me. I know it's perhaps my problem, but I've tried several versions on different computers and all puppies died sooner or later.. I hope the animal cops don't read that ;] I'm not saying it's a bad distro, but for me it didn't worked out..

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
05-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I need it now the mini laptop to some special things, is just that I have bad luck.
Very soon I will buy a PC133 SO-DIMM 128MB RAM card, and I promise that I will back.
I'm using wary puppy and yes, is unstable, but sadly works.
I will try doing a Debian netinstall and if not works, back to Delibitches!
Charlie
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
(05-04-2012 01:29 AM)CharlieBros Wrote:  I need it now the mini laptop to some special things, is just that I have bad luck.
Very soon I will buy a PC133 SO-DIMM 128MB RAM card, and I promise that I will back.
I'm using wary puppy and yes, is unstable, but sadly works.
I will try doing a Debian netinstall and if not works, back to Delibitches!
Charlie

It's not only Wary that crashes, 2.14 (classic) 4.xx and the newer Lucid.. I've killed them all Tongue Several issues, from dissapearing packages in the menu till not starting X with several errors... .And the best thing is that I didn't much with it, otherwise I could imagine that something like that could happen..

If you're planning to do a Debian netinstall you could consider AntiX, a very light Debian based distro. Min. req 64mb with 128mb swap. It cost less time than a netinstall. I think it's proven that I don't bash all other distros Big Grin

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey!, Delicate is compatible with this driver? http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
If it is maybe I can again try...
It seems that in Puppy now doesn't work with my Cisco!, so extrange...
In this moment i'm trying to boot antix.
Charlie
05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
(05-06-2012 10:12 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Hey!, Delicate is compatible with this driver? http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
If it is maybe I can again try...
It seems that in Puppy now doesn't work with my Cisco!, so extrange...
In this moment i'm trying to boot antix.
Charlie

Hi Charlie.

b43 driver is not included in DeLi(cate) yet, but I might try to build it if you're willing to test it.

Jaromir.
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Well, if you can build it surely I test it.
Charlie
05-09-2012, 11:35 AM
(05-07-2012 12:41 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Well, if you can build it surely I test it.
Charlie

Ok .... gonna download and build that ...