Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 10:32 PM by tavvva.)
RE: Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
(04-15-2012 08:04 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Works!, but I configure all (except the services, I cant choose them Sad)

That looks like something failed .... or ... the services are not installed and thus missing in the list. You need to do a full installation or install them later with pacman.

(04-15-2012 08:04 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  and started the X but the "Mouse" dont works, I need to see the video to know it...

yes ... ps2 mouse usually needs /dev/psaux device and protocol AUTO.

(04-15-2012 08:04 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Oh! also one observation, the iso of the third alpha don't work so I installed the second alpha

What exactly doesn't work? Have you checked the file size and MD5 sum?
Alpha3 CD contains several important changes ... try to download it again
it contains PCMCIA configuration and could help with your SCSI PCMCIA card
autodetection.

(04-15-2012 08:04 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Charlie
Mouse works, but cdrom and network doesn't, maybe I must try to install connochaetOS and watch what happens...

have you tried to configure the network using delisetup?
what network card do you have?
could you please provide us with the well known lspci -nn output ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Well, I have 3 PCMCIA Cards, one Xircom CE-10E, one Cisco Aironet (airo_cs module) and one Belkin (I use this in a Thinkpad R52 and works perfect).
I instaled ConnochaetOS but for mistake I select two partitions Sad, let me try other things and maybe tomorrow I post the results.

Charlie
04-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Charlie.

Any news here? :]
04-28-2012, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 11:46 PM by CharlieBros.)
Hi!, The problem with the third alpha is that the md5sum doesn't check, even if I downloaded more of 5 times.
I will try again downloading again the third alpha and trying to installing using grub method.
Charlie
Wait a minute!, I downloaded the MD5SUM archive from http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/download/iso/, that are for the third alpha and well, surprise!, de md5 archive contains the md5sum for the second alpha, and not of the third!, so please, fix the problem
Charlie
04-29-2012, 12:04 AM
(04-28-2012 11:36 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Hi!, The problem with the third alpha is that the md5sum doesn't check, even if I downloaded more of 5 times.
I will try again downloading again the third alpha and trying to installing using grub method.
Charlie
Wait a minute!, I downloaded the MD5SUM archive from http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/download/iso/, that are for the third alpha and well, surprise!, de md5 archive contains the md5sum for the second alpha, and not of the third!, so please, fix the problem
Charlie

Arrrrrggggghhhhh ..... I'm very sorry Charlie! The file holding the MD5 sum was incorrect. It contained a sum of a wrong file. Now it's correct! And thank you for finding this problem.
04-29-2012, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 02:02 AM by CharlieBros.)
Don't worry Wink, I will try later the installation, because in this moment I'm in the lazy status.
Charlie
I can't install the alpha 3, in the stage to select the source of the folder pkg, I select the correct partition but doesn't do anything, just skip to the select language screen (Obviously doesn't appear any language), I press Ok, Choose root password, "Writing device nodes" and the ask me if I like to do complete, I select yes and again skip to "Succesfull, press ctrl+alt+del", I reboot and again the installation boots.
I try both of the type installation (pacman and from .tar).
I'm installing from the HDD, from a FAT32 partition, this doesn't happens with alpha 2.
Charlie
04-29-2012, 07:41 AM
(04-29-2012 01:15 AM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Don't worry Wink, I will try later the installation, because in this moment I'm in the lazy status.
Charlie
I can't install the alpha 3, in the stage to select the source of the folder pkg, I select the correct partition but doesn't do anything, just skip to the select language screen (Obviously doesn't appear any language), I press Ok, Choose root password, "Writing device nodes" and the ask me if I like to do complete, I select yes and again skip to "Succesfull, press ctrl+alt+del", I reboot and again the installation boots.
I try both of the type installation (pacman and from .tar).
I'm installing from the HDD, from a FAT32 partition, this doesn't happens with alpha 2.
Charlie

Hmmmm .... there's definitely something wrong.
Let me test the whole procedure here and I'll let you know.
04-29-2012, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 10:41 AM by tavvva.)
In my case neither alpha3 nor alpha2 works correctly when being installed from FAT. The problem lies in the mount type recognition. The partition is mounted automatically as umsdos instead of vfat and that leads to short filenames (8+3 characters per filename) and causes the issue in case of all CDs.
I'm gonna create a hotfix and release a new revision of the alpha3 CD ... please, stay tuned...
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 11:12 AM by tavvva.)
I did a quick workaround by checking if the partition is automounted as umsdos and remounting it as vfat if so.

Please, download the new CD revision and use the pacman based installation ...

I'm sorry for troubles it caused and thank you very much for reporting this issue.
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 06:04 PM by CharlieBros.)
Don't worry, downloading the new revision.
Charlie
I have a problem, I execute delisetup, I press enter in the first option (change language) but, How the hell I select a option? I try with space but, nothing...
Charlie