Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 08:52 PM by tavvva.)
RE: Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
(09-04-2012 08:26 PM)westcoaster Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 08:39 PM)tavvva Wrote:  CPU : 486/33MHz
RAM : 8MB

Hi Tavvva,
That looks like a lovely laptop!
What is that black networking device attached to your laptop (shown in the photos)? I see what looks like a BNC connector on one end of it, which I think makes the device quite old, but then it looks like a USB connector on the other end, plugged into a pc card, which to my mind makes the device more modern. Could you explain please?

I have a (similar?) device with a BNC connector on one end and which plugs into the parallel port on the other end. (Linksys Pocket Ethernet Adapter-PEAEPP). By the way it works nicely with Deli(cate)!

Hi :]

That black networking device is an old 10Mbit/s PCMCIA Micronet card .... it has two connectors - RJ45 and BNC. I tried to make a photo with my mobile phone ...

That thing looking like a USB connector is quite standard/common connector used for network and modem cards. It has much more pins than USB does and it's pretty sensitive / can be broken easily.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
Oh, I see. That black thing is just a large dongle for the pccard.Wink In the photos of your laptop I thought the dongle had a usb connector on it because it has a black and silver end, but I see that the silver end is actually a piece of tape! Thanks for clearing that up for me.Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply