Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IRC agenda?
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
IRC agenda?
I don't know if it's a good idea, but that's why I open this topic :]
Tavvva has recently made an IRC channel, perhaps it's a good idea to meet eachother there once in a while. But I assume that we all have very busy lives, so I guess it would be handy to pick some dates and times in UTC. Is it a good idea or...?

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: IRC agenda?
I'm usually idling in the channel, but I am available from 10PM to 3AM UTC most of the time.
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm almost every night available too Smile
So that makes at least 2 persons Tongue

01-17-2012, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 10:40 PM by tavvva.)
If You mean something like periodic meetings, then I'm affraid I can't guarantee anything. My life became crazy in December (mainly because of the flat reconstruction). And our project is still too small for precise scheduling. But if You would like to discuss anything online, we can negotiate some acceptable time for everyone who's interested and then do the meeting.
I'd like to delegate some work (that can be delegated) to other members since all the DeLi(cate) stuff makes me very busy and I sometimes can't decide what to do first since all the stuff is important .... I'd like to focus only on stuff, that cannot be delegated to others.
At the moment we need someone to take care of the packages waiting for the mass rebuild.
His tasks:
1.) search for free icons (GPL or other acceptable license)
-OR-
2.) create his own icons (with transparency) under acceptable license
-OR-
3.) search for icon files in the src/pkg dir of the project (alter them to be transparent, if the icon character is suitable for being transparent) and convert them to a pack of icons we currently need (.png, _32x32.xpm, _16x16.xpm) + attach the original (since it could have a better resolution and this could be useful in future).
-AND-
4.) create valid .desktop files containing Name[**]= translations.

We can meet to discuss how to easily alter the icons to be transparent (using GIMP) or how they can be created using SCROT+GIMP. I could eventually make a short video.
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
(01-17-2012 10:36 PM)tavvva Wrote:  If You mean something like periodic meetings, then I'm affraid I can't guarantee anything. My life became crazy in December (mainly because of the flat reconstruction). And our project is still too small for precise scheduling. But if You would like to discuss anything online, we can negotiate some acceptable time for everyone who's interested and then do the meeting.

I wasn't planning for a year :]
And I knew you're busy, and I can't look in my (and others) future too.
It was more to look when the most of us have time on a date and perhaps to help eachother.

tavvva
I'd like to delegate some work (that can be delegated) to other members since all the DeLi(cate) stuff makes me very busy and I sometimes can't decide what to do first since all the stuff is important .... I'd like to focus only on stuff, that cannot be delegated to others.
At the moment we need someone to take care of the packages waiting for the mass rebuild.
His tasks:
1.) search for free icons (GPL or other acceptable license)
-OR-
2.) create his own icons (with transparency) under acceptable license
-OR-
3.) search for icon files in the src/pkg dir of the project (alter them to be transparent, if the icon character is suitable for being transparent) and convert them to a pack of icons we currently need (.png, _32x32.xpm, _16x16.xpm) + attach the original (since it could have a better resolution and this could be useful in future).
-AND-
4.) create valid .desktop files containing Name[** Wrote:
= translations.

We can meet to discuss how to easily alter the icons to be transparent (using GIMP) or how they can be created using SCROT+GIMP. I could eventually make a short video.

That is a perfect example, why I had the idea :]
I don't know who has graphic skills and speak at least 15 languages Tongue
An IRC meeting could make some things clear.
And in the future it would be handy when someone do the translations (for the Name in the desktop files) to know who to ask for the language which is needed.
It's perhaps the shortest way...