Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
menu-generator 0.1 in the repo
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: menu-generator 0.1 in the repo
Just a note...

Quote:I backed up my normal ./icewm directory and after that I deleted it and put a clean one in it (from /usr/share/icewm)

Please, do not copy anything from the /usr/share/icewm directory .... just let it clean ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 03:17 PM by tavvva.)
version 0.2 introduced ...

it supports menu folder icons Smile
01-06-2012, 08:36 PM
(01-06-2012 10:42 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  EDIT: it only works from the terminal. With the daemon in .xinitrc I get the same error.
My .xinitrc is 'standard', no conky or rox-pinboard is loaded.

Any luck with this?

please, paste Your .xinitrc here ...
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Please update delitools to the latest version and run delisetup / Setup Window Manager from the regular user account.

This should generate a working .xinitrc if there are no problems with permissions.
01-07-2012, 10:35 AM
(01-06-2012 09:59 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Please update delitools to the latest version and run delisetup / Setup Window Manager from the regular user account.

This should generate a working .xinitrc if there are no problems with permissions.

Thank you! That was the trick, now it works without any problems Smile

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
01-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Good !! :] I was really affraid of some nasty and unreproducible problem ... I've already switched icewm to use the pixmap directory ... still need to decide if imlib introduction is the right solution .... it would be easier to drop the XPMs, but this could have a speed and memory impact .... and that could be inacceptable in case of the slowest (but still supported) hardware configurations ...
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
(01-07-2012 12:28 PM)tavvva Wrote:  ... still need to decide if imlib introduction is the right solution .... it would be easier to drop the XPMs, but this could have a speed and memory impact .... and that could be inacceptable in case of the slowest (but still supported) hardware configurations ...

Well I don't know, it's way beyond my knowledge. :]
If now the packages contains .png icons I convert them, but if they're ugly I have to replace them.
That's something I have to deal with, IceWM isn't Gnome/KDE or XFCE.
But perhaps I'm not the right person to give his opinion about this, after all I was using Openbox with no icons at all Tongue

01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
(01-07-2012 03:12 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  ... after all I was using Openbox with no icons at all Tongue

I just checked several webpages and it seems that fluxbox can be compiled to support menu icons. Maybe openbox can do the same ... ? don't know .... had no time for searching yet :]
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
(01-07-2012 06:51 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I just checked several webpages and it seems that fluxbox can be compiled to support menu icons. Maybe openbox can do the same ... ? don't know .... had no time for searching yet :]
It's possible with fluxbox, but openbox till 3.5 not. I just discovered that openbox 3.5 is available and has icon-support. If I have the time for it it gave it a look (I'm busy with older pkbuild files).

01-07-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 10:43 PM by tavvva.)
menu-generator 0.3 introduced ....

this version supports fluxbox with icons. The special Fluxbox submenu is not localized yet. Maybe in the future versions.