Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
seamonkey/firefox
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: seamonkey/firefox
yes -- most of the liberaziation is already done by the guys at DEBIAN. As haary included the Debian patches and add the GNU.org and DuckDuckGo stuff, we would get a libre, updated and PATCHED version of seamonkey, too. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
This is probably the first really libre package we'll have (if we make it to eat our gorgeous uclibc).

I just hope our users won't get error messages like : "The webpage content has been DEBLOBBED, because it contains at least 1 non-free word."

Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Smile WinkBig GrinRolleyesSmile
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM
poooh, after playing around with your code line, I must give in.... BlushBig Grin

may be I can get that far to be able to insert the line at the correct place, maybe even to realize some missing headers.
But by no means I'll be able to finde out from the uclibc sources what I must add or remove to the code to solve a specific error message.

That means : if seamonkey is on the wishlist, you'll have the next entry to your ToDo-list, tavvva..... Big GrinWinkSmile
01-14-2012, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 11:27 PM by tavvva.)
I've already altered the PKGBUILD, mozconfig and created the patch .... it works .... but now it screams that it needs python-ply. So I have a lot of fun ...

and imagine, that I even didn't want Iceape Big Grin poor little skipstone .... it's so good, but people will probably use iceape since it's more popular ...
01-14-2012, 11:54 PM
It also needs newer atk Sad I'm not sure if I wanna update that .... this could seriously break our stack.
01-15-2012, 09:50 AM
If you want me to continue, just attach the modified and new files.

I know you never had the intention to use iceape, so I feel a bit in charge to help as much as possible. I did some veery veery dirty hacks regarding version numbers for my DeLi system, so I'll try to get the problems solved this way.
01-15-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2012 10:44 AM by tavvva.)
(01-15-2012 09:50 AM)delix Wrote:  I did some veery veery dirty hacks regarding version numbers for my DeLi system, so I'll try to get the problems solved this way.

Unfortunately this is not about playing with numbers ... Our version of atk is simply missing objects used in the iceape sources. The update will make the lib bigger and more memory hungry and that will affect other gtk apps.

My intentions were to let the very first release more conservative and provide users owning a really low spec HW with important fixes only. That's why I'd like to let so many packages untouched.

I'll try to find the lowest compatible version of atk for iceape, then build it and check the memory consumption. If the difference is still acceptable, I'll put it in the repo .... otherwise I'll create a second repository called "extras" or something like that and these pieces of software could be reachable only when the repo is explicitly enabled by the user. This repo could contain also more recent version of gtk, xorg and other apps which could cause DeLi(cate) to be more resource hungry.
01-15-2012, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2012 02:05 PM by tavvva.)
I succeeded with the build. The package isn't missing anything, but the main iceape window is not opened. So ... there's still something wrong with it. But since it is not important now, I'd like to wait till more important stuff is done ....

If You wanna play with the result .... it's here: http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/src/iceape-lts/BROKEN/
01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
(01-15-2012 01:55 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I succeeded with the build. The package isn't missing anything, but the main iceape window is not opened. So ... there's still something wrong with it. But since it is not important now, I'd like to wait till more important stuff is done ....

If You wanna play with the result .... it's here: http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/src/iceape-lts/BROKEN/

Well since it is a libre package, does it mean that nothing is free on the web? Tongue

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae