Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delilinux 0.8 installation
12-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Delilinux 0.8 installation
Hi Merry Christmas to all, late but safe.

I talk to them I made the delilinux reinstalaccion of 0.8, had had problems with the X server (xorg), but the correct way was:

Install the server "Tiny server" VESA mode and voila, I have installed linux in graphical environment. Only when I set the machine to automatically boot into graphical environment and also raise the network card automatic, whom I can help?

Thanks and regards to all
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2011, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2011 10:10 AM by tavvva.)
RE: Delilinux 0.8 installation
Well ... neither the xorg configuration nor the service setup works well in DeLi 0.8.

Please, update to DeLi(cate) 0.1 if You would like to use Xorg and delisetup.

You can use slim login manager to boot into graph. mode.
Automatic start of the network can be configured in the delisetup, but like i said ... it doesn't work well in DeLi 0.8 ! The menu entries have wrong id's.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Perhaps an idea.
Maybe it's wise to ut a warning on 'http://deli.tavvva.net' in the Deli 0.7 and 0.8 sections.
Something about the most common bugs in the old versions and that an upgrade to Delicate is recommended.

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
01-06-2012, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:11 PM by tavvva.)
(01-02-2012 07:56 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Perhaps an idea.
Maybe it's wise to ut a warning on 'http://deli.tavvva.net' in the Deli 0.7 and 0.8 sections.
Something about the most common bugs in the old versions and that an upgrade to Delicate is recommended.

yes ... this might be a good idea ... but I'm getting a bit overloaded these days Big Grin uhuhhhh ... the mass rebuild and the menu thing is seriously killing me Big Grin wish I could pass at least a part of the responsibilities to someone else ... that would be nice :]
01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I think, this should be sufficient for an obsolete distri :

http://deli.tavvva.net/wiki/doku.php?id=...n:bugfixes
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM
(01-06-2012 10:08 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Yes ... this might be a good idea ... but I'm getting a bit overloaded these days Big Grin uhuhhhh ... the mass rebuild and the menu thing is seriously killing me Big Grin wish I could pass at least a part of the responsibilities to someone else ... that would be nice :]

Breathe in (wait a few seconds) and breathe out (don't forget that, it causes serious troubles) Smile
But seriously, stay calm...
Your doing a great job, and we can't expect that everything can be done in a small amount of time.

Today I'm gonna start with the latest PKGBUILD files and change them (probably the most safe choice to practice). But first I need to connect the 'Minecraft-console' on the net, otherwise I'll get killed too... Tongue

01-07-2012, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 12:41 PM by tavvva.)
(01-07-2012 10:30 AM)delix Wrote:  I think, this should be sufficient for an obsolete distri :

http://deli.tavvva.net/wiki/doku.php?id=...n:bugfixes

wooow ... thanks Big Grin I had no idea about this wiki page even when I'm hosting it Big Grin I check new pages (created by spammers) only Big Grin

I believe I've already fixed most (all?) of the mentioned issues Smile
01-07-2012, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 01:11 PM by tavvva.)
(01-07-2012 11:18 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  But seriously, stay calm...

I'm staying calm, but all my fingers are starting to be interweaved with each other and with the most used keys on my keyboard ... Yesterday I was unable to put the keyboard away ... my neighbours had to save me with an axe (well sharpened). It was a huge fight and the keyboard lost the match. It was still barking loudly when they finally separated us.

(01-07-2012 11:18 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  Your doing a great job, and we can't expect that everything can be done in a small amount of time.

Blush

(01-07-2012 11:18 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  Today I'm gonna start with the latest PKGBUILD files and change them (probably the most safe choice to practice). But first I need to connect the 'Minecraft-console' on the net, otherwise I'll get killed too... Tongue

I have a similar issue .... I'd like to connect my old ATARI 1040STFM to a PC monitor .... I've already made a converter, but none of my monitors are able to sync to such low frequencies. Just some old Compaq LCD, but the visible part of the screen is too small and one part is out of the screen limits ... still need to test the last one (15" CRT)
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
(01-07-2012 01:09 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I'm staying calm, but all my fingers are starting to be interweaved with each other and with the most used keys on my keyboard ... Yesterday I was unable to put the keyboard away ... my neighbours had to save me with an axe (well sharpened). It was a huge fight and the keyboard lost the match. It was still barking loudly when they finally separated us.

Hehehe
I remember those days. I woke up with my head lying on the keyboard and discover 'qwerty' on my forehead when I looked in the mirror..

tavvva Wrote:I have a similar issue .... I'd like to connect my old ATARI 1040STFM to a PC monitor .... I've already made a converter, but none of my monitors are able to sync to such low frequencies. Just some old Compaq LCD, but the visible part of the screen is too small and one part is out of the screen limits ... still need to test the last one (15" CRT)

Well my mission is done, the kids are happy :]
An Atari 1040 ST? Well I have an Atari 520 ST (internal upgraded to 1MB "piggyback") and a Philips RGB monitor, so no hires (except with an emulator) mode. I have already made a PKGBUILD for a ST(e)/Falcon emulator (Hatari), but it requires a higher resolution. I don't know if I can fix it, but that is something for later... :]

01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
(01-07-2012 04:21 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Well my mission is done, the kids are happy :]
An Atari 1040 ST? Well I have an Atari 520 ST (internal upgraded to 1MB "piggyback") and a Philips RGB monitor, so no hires (except with an emulator) mode.

Lucky You ... my TV output died and I don't have an original ATARI Monitor :'(

(01-07-2012 04:21 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  I have already made a PKGBUILD for a ST(e)/Falcon emulator (Hatari), but it requires a higher resolution. I don't know if I can fix it, but that is something for later... :]

Hahah .... no way to make it running on old hardware ... I also use xsteem and the others in wine ... but there would be the same performace problem ....