Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DeLi(cate) on VirtualBox
12-31-2011, 09:03 AM
RE: DeLi(cate) on VirtualBox
(12-30-2011 11:23 PM)delix Wrote:  ... and the fonts siyes are not really funny to work with ...... Big Grin

With the fonts I had an issue too, they looked a bit 'blured' and sometimes I didn't see a space between words. This was without configuring the videocard, once the VESA driver was installed, everything was a lot brighter :] On my old Toshiba laptop this wasn't an issue.

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2011, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2011 02:39 PM by tavvva.)
RE: DeLi(cate) on VirtualBox
It might be a DPI related issue .... the default DPI for DeLi(cate) is 75. Older computers have often low resolutions and DPI 96 leads to mammoth fonts and not enough space on the screen for them ... You could experience an opposite problem .... anyway.... slim is tuned to force DPI 75 ... so .... you could try to install slim and start it automatically after the boot.

the keyboard layout can be changed on the fly manually with setxkbmap. I plan to build txkbmap for DeLi(cate) too ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply