Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
05-22-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CX
I will try it, thanks!.
The CD-Player it seems to be have an excellent quality construction (It supports CD-+R/RW, read and write).
Charlie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 08:15 AM
(05-21-2012 10:28 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Audacious is not very lightweight even if the description says so :]
A quick look at Arch and it seems to use GTK3.
It sure is lightweight... on a x-core pc Tongue

Perhaps a stupid idea, but can't a gtk-based vlc player do the job?
It can be used for several things including playing audio-cds.

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
(05-22-2012 08:15 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 10:28 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Audacious is not very lightweight even if the description says so :]
A quick look at Arch and it seems to use GTK3.
It sure is lightweight... on a x-core pc Tongue

Perhaps a stupid idea, but can't a gtk-based vlc player do the job?
It can be used for several things including playing audio-cds.

I think even the non-gtk based can do the job :] I plan to do the update, but I know how painfull the multimedia stuff can be :] Audacious can be built even with gtk2 ... We may try both ...
05-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Lazy works!, and I dont detect any error. Also I detect that the hardware consumption is imperceptible.
Cheers!
Charlie
05-23-2012, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012 12:36 PM by tavvva.)
(05-23-2012 03:30 AM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Lazy works!, and I dont detect any error. Also I detect that the hardware consumption is imperceptible.
Cheers!
Charlie

The resource consumption is low probably because there is no resampling, no bit conversion and probably no correction .... so .... you're lucky it works for you :]

Anyway ... that proofs that DAE players might work on DeLi(cate) and that's good. Now we have to choose the best one :]
05-24-2012, 01:07 AM
I say that Audacious because I don't know another LoL.
Charlie
07-31-2012, 02:38 AM
I have this same model... what type of usb adaptor did you use for the HD?

Mine has 24Mb and a broken floppy Big Grin (can't boot a distro on it :/ )

Chase
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2012, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 11:18 PM by tavvva.)
(07-31-2012 02:38 AM)cb88 Wrote:  I have this same model... what type of usb adaptor did you use for the HD?

Mine has 24Mb and a broken floppy Big Grin (can't boot a distro on it :/ )

Chase

I guess you wanna remove the harddrive in order to install DeLi(cate) or other distro in a different machine, right? Well ... I have the following IDE 3.5" -> IDE 2.5" adaptor ...

With this adaptor your harddrive can be connected to computers with an IDE controller
-OR-
you can combine it with USB->IDE 3.5" rack/cable.

The easiest way is to preinstall your system in QEMU .... you can pass the harddrive device file directly to qemu :] just be carefull when typing the device name :]
08-01-2012, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 08:38 AM by cb88.)
Ah yes that does look to fit the bill... I acutally installed delicate on my P1120 with qemu from within gentoo Cool It took quite awhile as kvm segfaults on it and kqemu doesn't work either. Interestingly cooperative linux works on windows so I suspect it could be used as well. I originally installed gentoo from within Virtualbox with the hard disk mapped in via .vmdk that took days.
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
(04-01-2012 08:39 PM)tavvva Wrote:  CPU : 486/33MHz
RAM : 8MB

Hi Tavvva,
That looks like a lovely laptop!
What is that black networking device attached to your laptop (shown in the photos)? I see what looks like a BNC connector on one end of it, which I think makes the device quite old, but then it looks like a USB connector on the other end, plugged into a pc card, which to my mind makes the device more modern. Could you explain please?

I have a (similar?) device with a BNC connector on one end and which plugs into the parallel port on the other end. (Linksys Pocket Ethernet Adapter-PEAEPP). By the way it works nicely with Deli(cate)!