Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Torrents and ports
04-29-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Torrents and ports
(04-29-2012 01:51 AM)CharlieBros Wrote:  From the problem with FBI and MegaUpload I use always torrents, so I think that is important fix the magnet-link problem.
Charlie

True, in the Netherlands we have 'BREIN' a bunch of idiots who thinks that every torrentsite is for illegal purpose only. They are starting lawsuits against torrentsites and ISPs.
It's a matter of fact that there is a lot of illegal stuff what you can find on sites like 'thepiratebay', but there is a lot's of legal stuff too.
Just type in 'linux' on the piratebay for example.
In my opinion it depends on the users, they choose the legal or illegal way.
A torrentsite is nothing more than a (special) searchengine, and if you want something illegal you can use Google too, but none of the organisations has the guts to sue them Tongue

Hardware in use: Compaq PIII- 1GHZ, Geforce 4000, 256mb, 80gb HD
Dutch Delicate Linux information: http://www.delicatelinux.nl.ae
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, I don't know what you think, but for me an 85% of the stuff in torrent sites, all my music was downloaded form torrent sites, in FLAC, but is not illegal, because the people are just sharing, is like you buy a CD, with a freaking good music, and you share it with you best friend, Is that illegal?, Obviously not!, so that's the shit.
Off topic: How are the live in netherlands, Good?
Charlie
04-30-2012, 08:39 AM
(04-29-2012 05:17 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Well, I don't know what you think, but for me an 85% of the stuff in torrent sites, all my music was downloaded form torrent sites, in FLAC, but is not illegal, because the people are just sharing, is like you buy a CD, with a freaking good music, and you share it with you best friend, Is that illegal?, Obviously not!, so that's the shit.
Off topic: How are the live in netherlands, Good?
Charlie

I buy the music I like, it's my way to support them...
In the Netherlands it's not illegal to download music or whatever... uploading stuff that contains rights is illegal overhere. Strange, but the Netherlands is a bit strange Tongue

How the live is in the Netherlands? Considering the political mess we're doing fine. It's still a strange country (for others). We have legal prostitution, gaymarriage, abortion and euthanasia (in some cases). Oh and they sell marihuana in the coffeeshops. I believe some of those subject are controversial in other countries.. But don't get me wrong, I don't have gay-neighbours (but if I did, that wasn't any problem), there is no hooker on the corner of the street who smokes pot because she tries to forget how many times she went to the abortionclinic. At least not where I live (a small town at the countryside of the Netherlands near the German border).
I count myself lucky (although we're such complainers), we all have a decent roof above our heads, clean water, food, clothes a good healthcare, education, etc etc...
Most of us seems to forget it and complaining because they have to pay a penny more at the gasstation. It's seems that I'm comparing it with the extreme cases in the world, but I wouldn't swap my Dutch papers for a greencard either. So the Netherlands may be not be that bad after all.

05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Damn!, your country is completly no-cristianism (Thanks to God that I'm Atheist Tongue), my paradise hahaha.
Is very good live in a very liberal country, because you can develop your life without a lot of restriction.
I need to know a guy/woman that lives in Norway and ask the same question...
Charlie
05-01-2012, 05:41 PM
(05-01-2012 05:10 PM)CharlieBros Wrote:  Damn!, your country is completly no-cristianism (Thanks to God that I'm Atheist Tongue), my paradise hahaha.

We have some religions but they don't have that many influences..
Well there are local exceptions at sudden places, but there aren't too many...
The people overthere choose to live that way, they have that freedom too :]

05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
So Mexico is not in any way Netherlands hahaha.
Charlie