Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Glad to see deli revived, from Taiwan
07-23-2011, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2011 01:02 PM by widi.)
Glad to see deli revived, from Taiwan
Do you mind telling me what motivates you revive this dead project?

When deli linux was stopped, I wondered if anyone would like to fork it and revive it. However, due to my work/job, I cannot afford developing full day; furthermore, my computer skill is quite limited, so I cannot fork deli repository and revive it. I used to ask other friends, their response is negative, due to heavy work load.

What is your plan in developing deli, given the availability of puppy and tiny core and others such as damned small linux? I use puppy linux WARY in my old 586 and it works perfectly fine. However, puppy linux cannot run on my 486 smoothly (cpu 200MHZ, ram 128mb maximum). I can't help but reinstall win98 with KERNEL_EX so that I can install OPERA 11.0 and use it smoothly with the aid of mem booster to manage ram usage. Win98 is suXk in memory management.

If you really want to revive it, I hope it can be as friendly as puppy linux at least, since people are not so familiar with old hardware components. That will be my sincere wish to this forked project.

I still keep 0.72 and 0.8 iso up to now. Glad to see deli being revived.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Glad to see deli revived, from Taiwan - widi - 07-23-2011 01:01 PM
Any news here? - tavvva - 08-21-2011, 12:47 PM