Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can I get a simple desktop from the core cli
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 12:22 PM by tavvva.)
RE: how can I get a simple desktop from the core cli
(09-05-2012 10:45 AM)davec60 Wrote:  Hi,
Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I have taken your advice onboard. I will persevere for a while longer but I suspect I will eventually end up just downloading the full delicate iso in the not too distant future!
The 'option' module that I was actually referring to is typically located in the place I mentioned and is named either option.ko or just option.o (I think it depends on what kernel is being used).

You're right. This module is available in 2.6 series kernels.

-------
license: GPL
description: USB Driver for GSM modems
author: Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de>

-------

It's questionable if a different module providing a similar functionality exists in 2.4 series kernels ... I'll probably start doing first 2.6 kernel tests in October.

(09-05-2012 10:45 AM)davec60 Wrote:  On the question of my USB modem, it is a ZTE MF112. It is fundamentally Windows-oriented and often shows up at first as an USB storage device. However, it can be 'switched' quite easily and is usually reliable with most linux OS's, although I have also had difficulty with it with Damn Small Linux which I think also uses the 2.4 kernel. I was very recently successful getting it switched and connected to the internet (at the console) with both Debian Live Standard (CLI-based 'core') and AntiX-M11 (CLI-based core version). I will let you know if I ever succeed with my current Deli 0.8 core. Thanks again,
davec60
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: how can I get a simple desktop from the core cli - tavvva - 09-05-2012 12:19 PM