DeLi(cate) Forum
PKGBUILD files - Printable Version

+- DeLi(cate) Forum (http://delicate-linux.net/forum)
+-- Forum: DeLi(cate) Linux [english only] (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PKGBUILD files (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-12-2011 02:20 AM

(12-10-2011 12:55 AM)Compact Wrote:  I'm sure now it was an upgraded Deli to Delicate. Afterwards I did a filecopy to a ext2 partition with mc as root. For the journaling of ext3 on compact flash, usb or ssd seems to be not such a good idea.
I really do miss the ext2 format option in Delicate.

You can easily switch from ext3 to ext2 by disabling the journal with tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/hdXX on UNMOUNTED filesystem.

(12-10-2011 12:55 AM)Compact Wrote:  Shortly thereafter I did a pacman -Syu wich gave the above mentioned errors. Don't know. I thought I did everything right and according to the instructions of the website before the Delicate iso was born. Somewhere somehow a fault must have slipped in.......??

The kernel package has a different name in DeLi(cate), therefore it is not upgraded automatically.
Since we are still in alpha phase, the install/upgrade process is not finetuned and some background knowledge could be needed in some cases.

(12-10-2011 12:55 AM)Compact Wrote:  I had no reproduceable errors with the installation of the Delicate iso exept:
1. My sis900 lan card is not found. I had to add it manually (had that too with the former install)

The sis900 module is not present in the autodetection list. This needs to be reviewed and probably redesigned.

(12-10-2011 12:55 AM)Compact Wrote:  2. Something must be hard coded. For I installed Delicate iso on /dev/hda3 (ext3).
But if I change the installed card to /dev/hdb3
and boot from there (with root=/dev/hdb3 in the append line) I get this:

fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda3
/dev/hda3: The superblock could not be read etc.

Then I have to give the root password and get a read-only filesystem.
My question: Is Delicate not portable ??

Have You changed the root filesystem in the /etc/fstab too?
Sysinit calls fsck for all filesystems listed in /etc/fstab, so ... changing the root= kernel parameter is not sufficient.

(12-10-2011 12:55 AM)Compact Wrote:  And yes now the kernel is different.

So here is my restored question:
/lib/modules/2.4.37.11/build/include/linux/device.h is missing
Is it possible to implement device.h in the kernel-ide-2.4.37.11-6.pkg.tar.gz package ? Or to get it somehow somewhere ? Or is svgalib (needed by eg. zgv; etc.) impossible on Delicate ?

This might be a bit confusing for You. The /lib/modules/2.4.37.11/build directory is just a symlink to a kernel source directory. BUT ... the kernel source is not present on regular systems (that means Your system), because ... I didn't make any kernel-source package yet .... shame one me Big Grin I could create one soon Big Grin

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-12-2011 02:26 AM

I somehow got sleepy ... I'll post the reviewed PKGBUILDs when I wake up ... stay tuned ...

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-12-2011 10:23 AM

Btw. I'm checking a possibility of switching to UUIDs .... that could help with the /etc/fstab thing. It's for sure more flexible.

RE: PKGBUILD files - nl2stk - 12-13-2011 08:56 AM

@Compact
Both builds are looking fine, I don't see any problems Smile
I think both packages would work.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-13-2011 01:20 PM

(11-13-2011 09:39 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  I'm stucked with the old toshiba lately, so making PKGBUILDs costs a bit more time (and patience). The PKGBUILD down here is Esetroot (without Eterm), a well-known background/wallpapersetter for Fluxbox.

Code:
  sed -i "s/CC=gcc/CC=gcc -march=i386/g" makefile
Again, the same typo Big Grin Makefile with capital 'M'.
Anyway. This Makefile seems to preserve CFLAGS and therefore I removed the substitution :]

RE: PKGBUILD files - nl2stk - 12-13-2011 02:49 PM

(12-13-2011 01:20 PM)tavvva Wrote:  Again, the same typo Big Grin Makefile with capital 'M'.
Anyway. This Makefile seems to preserve CFLAGS and therefore I removed the substitution :]

Well the next time I visit the doctor I'll let him check my eyes Tongue

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-13-2011 02:56 PM

(12-06-2011 11:15 AM)nl2stk Wrote:  X northern captain file manager ( a two panel filemanager)

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
  sed -i "s/CC=gcc/CC=gcc -march=i386/g" makefile
:] the same here ... I changed the sed subst to --build/--host pair of the configure options.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-13-2011 03:43 PM

(12-08-2011 01:03 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  One dependency which is needed once in a while

speex ... seems to be OK

tcl ... seems to be OK too ...

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-13-2011 03:53 PM

(12-10-2011 12:35 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Enigma, a falling block game (a bit like boulderdash) for the CLI with ncurses.

seems OK.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 12-13-2011 04:40 PM

(12-11-2011 07:26 AM)Compact Wrote:  
Code:
# $Id$
# Maintainer : Aaron Griffin <aaron@archlinux.org>
# Contributor: Paul Mattal <pjmattal@elys.com>
# Adapted for Delicate Linux by Compact

We started using a bit more standardized header containing just the DeLi(cate) maintainer(s) and then a "Thanks to" section, where original maintainers/contributors are mentioned ... reasons are explained here : http://delicate.tavvva.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=74&pid=231#pid231
The $Id$ line is for purposes of version control systems. But we don't use any (yet).

Code:
options=('!makeflags')

This one is ignored by our version of pacman.

Code:
sed -i "s/CC=gcc/CC=gcc -march=i386/g" Makefile

This is not correct :] The substitution has to be always altered according to the Makefile. Each piece of software can use (and often uses) a completely different Makefile content.
I changed the substitution to a correct one ... and ... the question is if it was needed ... even the original Makefile leads to switch duplicities and the arch is passed correctly. Doesn't matter ... duplicities usually cause no problems at all ... we just don't like if anything important is missing.

(12-11-2011 07:26 AM)Compact Wrote:  And this is my 2nd trial.
Lame encoder.
I hope it passes the test ...........
I can use comments whenever possible

Code:
# $Id$
# Maintainer : Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org>
# Contributor: Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org>
# Contributor: Hugo Doria <hugo@archlinux.org>
# Adapted for Delicate Linux by Compact

header - already mentioned ...

Code:
options=('!libtool')

unsupported option ... we use the following loop at the end of the build section for the libtool stuff removal.

# Remove the libtool stuff
find ${pkgdir} -depth | grep "\.la" | while read libtool_file ;do
rm -f $libtool_file
done

Code:
./configure --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu
              --prefix=/usr \
              --enable-nasm \
              --enable-shared

The static lib could not be disabled ... but I decided to let it there this time.

Code:
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install

This Makefile completely ignores the configured prefix .... in such cases You have to pass the following extra argument to the make utility:

make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" prefix="/usr" install