DeLi(cate) Forum
PKGBUILD files - Printable Version

+- DeLi(cate) Forum (http://delicate-linux.net/forum)
+-- Forum: DeLi(cate) Linux [english only] (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PKGBUILD files (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 01:25 PM

(03-16-2012 11:15 AM)Compact Wrote:  The Information is everywhere over the forum. Why write it once more in the faq ?

Exactly because it is spread in the forum and it would be nice to collect it and organize it better.

(03-16-2012 11:15 AM)Compact Wrote:  For this reason I wrote the manual: " It's all together now"
My intention was to make an abstraction of the forom therein !
Didn't you have a look ? Really took me days !
1 link will do to download it and everyone can add it and upload it.

I've seen it. But attaching it in form of tar.gz is not very suitable for beginners (many of them do not even know what tar.gz means). Moreover, it's in the Installation section, but contains packaging howto ... I wouldn't search for packaging howto in the installation section. Would you?
We could additionally move the Installation section in the HOWTO section ... or at least link it ...
The information should be extracted and put in the HOWTO section as plain text. If anyone would like to modify it, then he/she could propose the changes in the "drafts" section and I (or possible future moderators) will alter the content accordingly ... I know it might look like I'm trying to rule the world and control everything, but I just want at least the most important parts of the forum to stay sane and clear for newcomers.

Would you rather have a real WIKI ?

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 02:43 PM

(03-16-2012 02:00 PM)Compact Wrote:  
(03-16-2012 01:25 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I know it might look like I'm trying to rule the world and control everything

Very strange you say this and I already wrote this:

I think it's time to say goodbye. For a longer time I have the feeling all my idea's; testings; writings and contributions are not appreciated.

That's not true and I'm really trying to figure out why you got such impression. I'd like you to tell me what I did wrong. I'm quite busy man and I often just lack the energy to say "thank you". If that caused the impression, then I must say sorry. It was nothing personal.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 03:53 PM

(03-16-2012 03:19 PM)Compact Wrote:  I didn't say you did anything wrong ? There are more people who prefer to work on their own. All has it's pro and contra. With all respect. Yes. I know you are a busy man. So what ? There is a difference between together and solo, that's for sure !

Well. I never imagined it could be so difficult to supervise projects like this, but it is. The most difficult is to make decisions even if they might be unpopular because they can go contrary to what some of the members want, but someone has to do that dirty and ungrateful job, otherwise everything would turn into unmanageable chaos.
I know many projects which died because of internal fights, ego, selfishness and I'm scared of situations when somebody gets pissed of and says I'm just a selfish idiot. That would make me sad, because I know I want just the best for this project.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 04:15 PM

If you believe I wanna do everything "solo", then I'd like to convince you it isn't true. Would you like to be the HOWTO section moderator? But this role needs a big amount of responsibility and thoroughness. If you believe you're worthy enough to do that job, then tell me. I'll immediately give you the rights.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 04:38 PM

(03-16-2012 04:17 PM)Compact Wrote:  it's your site, your knowledge, your initiative, etc. All yours !

I never intended to make this fork for myself and be happy alone with MY OWN distribution made JUST FOR ME and NOBODY ELSE.

It's just "my vision" that I want to fulfill. Doesn't matter how.

(03-16-2012 04:17 PM)Compact Wrote:  Not 1 of my idea's feels appreciated by you.

Honestly ... do you really see it like that?

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 05:00 PM

I see you started deleting your posts. I consider that an act of grudge. If you wanted to make me sad, then you did. Anyway, if you would like to return one day, you always can.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 05:12 PM

(03-16-2012 05:04 PM)Compact Wrote:  
(03-16-2012 05:00 PM)tavvva Wrote:  I see you started deleting your posts. I consider that an act of grudge. If you wanted to make me sad, then you did. Anyway, if you would like to return one day, you always can.

Sorry. I didn't know I was contributing to a solo project. It"s evident then that I eat too much space from you. I don't want that. It's all about respect.

If anything in your life doesn't go well, then hit me up on IRC and we can talk about that.

RE: PKGBUILD files - nl2stk - 03-16-2012 06:03 PM

I guess I am missing something? Confused

RE: PKGBUILD files - Compact - 03-16-2012 06:12 PM

(03-16-2012 06:03 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  I guess I am missing something? Confused

Yes. I'm leaving and deleting my idea's; writings and contributions for I feel too strong they don't fit in. With all respect, I must say.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 03-16-2012 06:40 PM

(03-16-2012 06:03 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  I guess I am missing something? Confused

Hi Theo.
I'm apparently missing ability to manage people. That's what happened.
Anyway, experience can't be bought, it needs to be gained. Sometimes painfully.