DeLi(cate) Forum
PKGBUILD files - Printable Version

+- DeLi(cate) Forum (http://delicate-linux.net/forum)
+-- Forum: DeLi(cate) Linux [english only] (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: PKGBUILD files (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: PKGBUILD files - nl2stk - 01-08-2012 04:51 PM

(01-08-2012 04:38 PM)tavvva Wrote:  It's OK ...

Btw. XPM format supports transparency if You'd like to hide those black edges in the icon. But that's a detail.

I'll kept that in mind, I am not that familiar with .xpm files. I used mostly .png.

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-08-2012 04:59 PM

(01-06-2012 06:24 PM)Compact Wrote:  In the meantime I found:
FBV: FrameBuffer image Viewer to watch jpg, gif, png and bmp images without X.

The following line is not an universal solution for missing march:
sed -i "s/CC=gcc/CC=gcc -march=i386/g" Makefile

It needs to be altered according to the Makefile content ...
I changed the line to :
sed -i "s/CFLAGS =/CFLAGS = -march=i386/g" Makefile

The rest is OK :] Could You please add it in the Packages (Applications) / graphics section of the forum?

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-08-2012 05:19 PM

(12-30-2011 10:03 PM)delix Wrote:  This is the current PKGBUILD from Arch with the shal sums replaced by md5sums

localepurge

seems to be OK ... please add it in the Packages (Applications) / tools / system section of the forum ...

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-08-2012 06:43 PM

(12-14-2011 02:33 PM)nl2stk Wrote:  Re: GIMP
I've take a look at 'The GIMP' and I *think* the next PKGBUILD is better.

I added more deps, switches and some .desktop/icons stuff ...

http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/src/gimp/2.4.7-1/

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-08-2012 11:53 PM

(01-08-2012 10:35 PM)Compact Wrote:  Isn't it more usefull to add .desktop and .xpm files (menu entry) only for the X-window stuff ???

Ohhh ... that's the current plan except applications which do not need any extra parameters (for example console games) ... these should have a menu entry too. Console applications which can't work without parameters can stay without any changes :]

(01-08-2012 10:35 PM)Compact Wrote:  It would be great if you could start Delicate with the "startx" or "mc" option. Preferably sudo and gpm pre-installed. With more and better console stuff Delicate becomes even more lightweight then Deli was. As a kind of combination of Deli and "a far handier sort of INX". Never saw this uniquely prepared in any distro.
What do you think about deviding a Console-program-menu and X-program-menu ? Isn't that a better option for very lightweight machines ? Or do you want every console program to run under X with an X-menu-entry without any menu for the Console itself ?

Console games have their own category (Console-game) and are placed in a separate submenu in case of window managers. But it has no sense to split the menu so strictly to have two separate menus for X and console. I didn't plan to generate menus for console only usage. But it's interresting idea. Only console categories would be listed ... so .... maybe we should rebuild ttytter with additional category. (Console-net or something ....).

(01-08-2012 10:35 PM)Compact Wrote:  According to my opinion it's time to think different. Lightweightness saves the world. From the world energy consumption
it seems that nowadays approx. 1,5-2 % goes to internet and heavy pc's ............ that's terrible ! Bloating kills ! Besides that. Delicate can save the live of many older machines to make them still usefull in this consume and throw away society. That's why I like to contribute to Delicate and share idea's. Thanks again for Delicate.

Thanks for the feedback ...

RE: PKGBUILD files - nl2stk - 01-09-2012 12:37 AM

Compact Wrote:It would be great if you could start Delicate with the "startx" or "mc" option. Preferably sudo and gpm pre-installed. With more and better console stuff Delicate becomes even more lightweight then Deli was. As a kind of combination of Deli and "a far handier sort of INX". Never saw this uniquely prepared in any distro.
What do you think about deviding a Console-program-menu and X-program-menu ? Isn't that a better option for very lightweight machines ? Or do you want every console program to run under X with an X-menu-entry without any menu for the Console itself ?

The idea is great, back in the days with windows 95/98 I saw this several times combined with Norton Commander. Strange enough never in a Linux distro. And like you said it's very handy for the lightweight machines. It's one for the wishlist, I guess... There are/is ideas and work plenty, but there is only one Tavvva... :]

(01-08-2012 10:35 PM)Compact Wrote:  According to my opinion it's time to think different. Lightweightness saves the world. From the world energy consumption
it seems that nowadays approx. 1,5-2 % goes to internet and heavy pc's ............ that's terrible ! Bloating kills ! Besides that. Delicate can save the live of many older machines to make them still usefull in this consume and throw away society. That's why I like to contribute to Delicate and share idea's. Thanks again for Delicate.

I couldn't say it any better. I've seen pictures from kids in Africa between al kinds of computerjunk trying to make a buck in a very unhealthy situation. It's not that I can change that situation, but I don't want to be quilty of that. It a matter of fact that my old toshiba laptop was a piece of junk (broken hd and cdrom drive), but I had another one with a faulty keyboard. Lot's of distros didn't work or just for 2 days (puppy), but Delicate is rock solid since last August. So Delicate saved that machine and made it usefull.

Another rebuild Smile
Rogue for the CLI with Ncurses

Code:
# Maintainer: Theo - nl2stk
#
# Thanks to: Kyle Keen
pkgname=rogue
pkgver=5.4.4
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="The original dungeon crawl game."
url="http://rogue.rogueforge.net/rogue-5-4/"
license=('custom')
depends=('ncurses')
install=$pkgname.install
source=("http://www.sourcefiles.org/Games/Role_Play/$pkgname$pkgver-src.tar.gz"
    $pkgname.desktop
    $pkgname.png
    ${pkgname}_16x16.xpm
    ${pkgname}_32x32.xpm)
md5sums=('033288f46444b06814c81ea69d96e075' '501ba00ef1f8db7395762779c7633e90'
         '1a4f77663041d837402173896ec2be25' '78c26426aac60d4421c60b9dd814dc92'
         '34af012f2bfd74f92ef864a037170480')

build() {
  cd "$srcdir"/$pkgname$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=$CHOST --build=$CHOST
  make || return 1
  install -Dm755 rogue "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/rogue
  install -Dm644 rogue.6 "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/man6/rogue.6
  gzip "$pkgdir"/usr/share/man/man6/rogue.6
  install -Dm644 LICENSE.TXT "$pkgdir"/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE.TXT
  install -Dm 644 $srcdir/$pkgname.desktop $pkgdir/usr/share/applications/$pkgname.desktop
  install -Dm 644 $srcdir/$pkgname.png $pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps/$pkgname.png
  install -Dm 644 $srcdir/${pkgname}_32x32.xpm $pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps/${pkgname}_32x32.xpm
  install -Dm 644 $srcdir/${pkgname}_16x16.xpm $pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps/${pkgname}_16x16.xpm
}

The rogue.install
Code:
post_install() {
  [ -x /usr/bin/menu-generator-trigger ] && /usr/bin/menu-generator-trigger
}

post_upgrade() {
}

post_remove() {
}

op=$1
shift
$op $*

The rogue.desktop

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=rogue
Exec=xterm -geometry 80x25 -fg white -bg black -e rogue
Icon=rogue
Categories=Console-game;

The icons are in the .tar

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-09-2012 06:26 PM

(01-09-2012 12:58 AM)Compact Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 11:53 PM)tavvva Wrote:  But it has no sense to split the menu so strictly to have two separate menus for X and console.

I don't agree. It's also nice to have some kind of clickable menu without-X (console only) and therefore the menu's should be devided. But this menu must also be reachable under X.

I probably didn't explain that well ... The X and console entries can be divided by their categories anytime we'd like to do so (but only if the categories are filled-in correctly) ... Console stuff should always have the most appropriate Console-* category listed. I already introduced a new category for console games called Console-game. This approach can be used for selection of all console apps and it can be also used for menu creation in console ... this menu would contain just entries with Console-* categories ... that means console applications only, since the X ones wouldn't work in console Smile
When I wrote, that it has no sense to split the menu so strictly to have two separate menus for X and console, I was talking about menus available in X Window managers only ....
It would be a good idea to create special categories for console apps using framebuffer (without sdl). These wouldn't work in X ... but that needs to be carefully tested -> I don't like hot-headed solutions Smile

The console-only entries can be produced by extraction of the -e parameter from the Exec= line ... so don't worry .... the xterm is not supposed to be executed in the console .... we could eventually add a new entry ConsoleExec= to override the default Exec= ....

RE: PKGBUILD files - delix - 01-09-2012 09:33 PM

this is anacron with the uclibc dependency
Code:
# Maintainer: delix

pkgname=anacron
pkgver=2.3
pkgrel=9
pkgdesc="A cron-like periodic command scheduler"
url="http://sourceforge.net/projects/anacron"
license=('GPL')
depends=('uclibc' 'bash')
backup=('etc/anacrontab')
source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/anacron/${pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz \
        anacrond anacrond.logrotate anacrontab run-anacron \
        00anacron.daily 00anacron.monthly 00anacron.weekly)
md5sums=('865cc1dfe1ed75c470d3e6de13763f03' '2bc29a66a143c89605ec204b8118b82b'\
         'cacfeaed940a5663ab5ed2eac8179e5c' '6dd361a519b45ee51dc2737eb5a4bdd5'\
         '5ff0cdcb9ec99778938ac6ef26800327' '0a83e5b7bb5ba032f829aebcae7a41c8'\
         'ac6e7c7ea1a20881d9fc8d9dcbeede56' 'e9496fb7b6d9c1b79ac5306bb6806c0d')

build() {
  cd ${srcdir}/${pkgname}-${pkgver}
  sed -i 's/const int isleap;/int isleap;/' gregor.c || return 1
  make || return 1
  make PREFIX=${pkgdir} MANDIR=${pkgdir}/usr/share/man install || return 1

install -d ${pkgdir}/etc/{rc.d,cron.daily,cron.weekly,cron.monthly}
  install -D -m755 ../run-anacron ${pkgdir}/usr/sbin/run-anacron
  install -D -m755 ../anacrond ${pkgdir}/etc/rc.d/anacrond
  install -D -m755 ../00anacron.daily ${pkgdir}/etc/cron.daily/00anacron
  install -D -m755 ../00anacron.weekly ${pkgdir}/etc/cron.weekly/00anacron
  install -D -m755 ../00anacron.monthly ${pkgdir}/etc/cron.monthly/00anacron
  install -D -m644 ../anacrontab ${pkgdir}/etc/anacrontab
  install -D -m644 ../anacrond.logrotate ${pkgdir}/etc/logrotate.d/anacrond
}
the files are in the attachment. I renamed it to ....txt as the .bz2 isn't allowed for attachments, but it is a indeed a .tar.bz2 file -- so rename it to .tar.bz2 it you want unpack it automatically

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-09-2012 10:49 PM

(01-09-2012 09:33 PM)delix Wrote:  this is anacron with the uclibc dependency

Before You start with new PKGBUILDs, please, keep in mind our recent policy to keep the original maintainers/contributors from Arch/AUR PKGBUILDs in a "Thanks to:" section of the file header. We don't wanna steal their credits by simply removing their names ... the keywords "Maintainer" and "Contributor" should disappear, because we don't want to make people think, that these guys are also DeLi(cate) package maintainers ....

The header should look like this :

# Maintainer: delix
#
# Thanks to:
# Eric Belanger <eric@archlinux.org>

Btw. it has no sense to remove their email address. It can be stolen by robots directly from the AUR page ... so ... you can let it there hopefully without worries ...

RE: PKGBUILD files - tavvva - 01-10-2012 09:38 AM

(01-09-2012 11:08 PM)Compact Wrote:  Where did you describe all categaries you can use in Delicate for the .desktop files ? Importent to know otherwise I can't even make .desktop files.

Good question ... they're defined in the following (UTF-8 only) file as the entry names (ignore the braces):

http://delicate.tavvva.net/0.1/src/menu-generator/0.3-1/menu-generator-groups

All the categories in each .desktop file are compared with this list (going from top to bottom) and if there is a match, then the line is used and the entry is added in the menu tree according to the entry value. This is simply a kind of mapping from categories to the right menu location.

The list of groups can grow in the future ....

.... and ... there would be a completely different group file (containing console mappings only) for the console menu Smile