DeLi(cate) Forum
Delicate Logo - Printable Version

+- DeLi(cate) Forum (http://delicate-linux.net/forum)
+-- Forum: DeLi(cate) Linux [english only] (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Delicate Logo (/showthread.php?tid=248)

Delicate Logo - CharlieBros - 05-12-2012 05:46 AM

I made this logo because I think that the official logo is a little... ugly (no ofense), so here it is.

[Image: jbzv_Cho_Yf_XMWKz.jpg]

Is available in .svg, .xcf and .tiff, feel free to use it or modify, obviously puting the respective credits.

It can be downloaded from here.
The original resolution is 2850x800.
Please if you want to comment about my logo be honest, this is my first real logo creation.
I based in Cantarell font, you can see it in the .xcf file.
Charlie.

RE: Delicate Logo - tavvva - 05-14-2012 11:49 AM

(05-12-2012 05:46 AM)CharlieBros Wrote:  I made this logo because I think that the official logo is a little... ugly (no ofense), so here it is.

[Image: jbzv_Cho_Yf_XMWKz.jpg]

Is available in .svg, .xcf and .tiff, feel free to use it or modify, obviously puting the respective credits.

It can be downloaded from here.
The original resolution is 2850x800.
Please if you want to comment about my logo be honest, this is my first real logo creation.
I based in Cantarell font, you can see it in the .xcf file.
Charlie.

Hi Charlie.

It's always a matter of taste. The current logo idea is not my own selection ... it was discussed with quite a lot of my friends before the project even started and majority of them agreed that a very modest graffiti look seems to be the best idea. All of them confirmed that the result meets their expectations and liked almost all the color variations (only 2 of all available color variations are currently used). The current logo had few unwanted border curvatures and as I accidently lost the original vector file, I had to fix them in a raster editor (and that's why the outline is not as smooth as it was supposed to be ... maybe I should let it intact ... still not sure about that). If you have any objections, it would be nice to tell us more about your feelings and let us know what exactly you consider ugly. Just write more details about that. Is that the shape? colors? whole idea? I'm interrested in details. I'm not gonna replace it unless I have more feedback and unless I'm convinced it's really worthy.

Anyway ... you can try to create more different logos and if any of them makes others excited, we could eventually discuss if we should or shouldn't use it as a replacement. Deal?
I personnaly prefer color-filled segments instead of single border logos and something more recent, matching the current trends while avoiding a cheap look. I was about to ask professional graphic designers to help us with logos and wallpapers, since I'm really trying to be serious about the final look.

RE: Delicate Logo - CharlieBros - 05-14-2012 06:39 PM

Ok, chubby leters and colors, anoted Big Grin.
Charlie