DeLi(cate) Forum

Full Version: Delicate and E16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not much of an Enlightenment kind of guy, but that's a personal thing (I like a simple desktop).
A quick look in the Dutch Ubuntu forum learns that Bodhi (a stripped down buntu with E17) is getting more and more populair. It's not that heavy and offers enough bling. I don't know how stable E17 is, but to go safe I've tried E16 and Delicate.
This is the result Smile

[Image: 3fd739156066524.jpg]
I've been playing a couple of hours with E16 and it seems to be stable. I don't know if it is the latest version (I assume it's not), but it was meant as a test. But in the first post I mentioned that I'm not an Enlightenment type of guy so I don't know much about it. I don't know how to install Epplets (small widgets) for example and I'm alway getting confused with the mousebuttons. That's a shortage of my knowledge :]

But for those who like shiny desktops with transparency, shadows and animated stuff, here is the PKGBUILD i've used (e16 + themes). Keep in mind that's experimental and I'm not the one with lot's of answers :]. it's not a resource eater, it uses 17mb with a cold boot (htop).

Code:
# Contributor: theo
# Thanks to: Judd Vinet

pkgname=enlightenment
pkgver=1.0.3
_themever=1.0.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A fast, flexible, and very extensible Window Manager"
url="http://www.enlightenment.org";
license=('BSD' 'custom')
depends=('freetype2' 'libxfont' 'libsm' 'libxxf86vm' 'imlib2' 'perl' 'libxcomposite' 'libxdamage' 'libxrandr')
source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/${pkgname}/e16-${pkgver}.tar.gz \
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/enlightenment/e16-themes-${_themever}.tar.gz)
md5sums=('9a814c0c3b02d93d8e86f9e84d69706c' 'bbd9cfd969610c29c7627c2ba1ce3094')

build() {
cd "${srcdir}/e16-${pkgver}"
sed -i 's|xsessiondir = $(datadir)/xsessions|xsessiondir = /etc/X11/sessions|' misc/Makefile.in
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-mans --host=$CHOST --build=$CHOST
make
cd "${srcdir}/e16-themes-${_themever}"
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=$CHOST --build=$CHOST
cd "${srcdir}/e16-${pkgver}"
make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install
install -D -m755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/e16/misc/Xclients.e16-gnome.sh" "${pkgdir}/usr/bin/e16-gnome"
install -D -m755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/e16/misc/Xclients.e16-kde.sh" "${pkgdir}/usr/bin/e16-kde"
install -D -m644 COPYING "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}/COPYING"
install -D -m644 fonts/COPYRIGHT.Vera "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}/COPYRIGHT.Vera"

cd "${srcdir}/e16-themes-${_themever}"
make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install
chown -R root:root "${pkgdir}"/usr/share/*
}

Edit: I've uploaded a less messy screenshot than the first one.
I can check that this evening. Hopefully gonna return home in time.
(10-29-2011 11:36 AM)tavvva Wrote: [ -> ]I can check that this evening. Hopefully gonna return home in time.

It's not that important, but's always nice to check other lighweight windowmanagers.
And it's even more fun that it works well with Delicate :]
Reference URL's